Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reprocess in RFC posting

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am designing the solution for HR payrole update from File to RFC scenario,

Employee master will be locked for one week , i need to hold the data in RFC queue untill employee record released from ECC,once the employee released then it should update the reocrds.

pelase provide the solution and possible other way of update in ECC.

Thanks and regards

Sukumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sukumar,

before to explain how to design such a flow, you have to know "by who", "how" and "when" an employee can be released.

for instance, is it your legacy which precises you that in its source file ? or does this employee is released because someone in SAP ECC releases this employee ?

So who or what triggers the fact that an "employee is released"... when you will know it, you will know how to define your flow in PI.

regards

Mickael

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

no the programming model in RFC should capable of validating the employee lock status...

bit confused ..if any other way of posting the data is fine for me either idoc ..etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to my understanding, The RFC will first check all the employee is locked or not.

if employee is locked then store them in the application server creating a log at ECC.

need to run background job to run the log created in application server at ECC, the data need to run using the same functionality as RFC, check the employee and if employee is unlocked then insert, if not then store back in the same log.

background job need to be schedule for every 30min or 1hr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no the programming model in RFC should capable of validating the employee lock status...

lock status will be automatically managed by your RFC (bapi) or your Idoc. so not a matter.

Anyway, maybe I read too quickly your post... You said that "Employee master will be locked for one week", so maybe the easiest way is just to stop your interface during one week, by stoping the your sender communication channel. And when business will be ready (after the frozen week), then you have just to restart your CC. is it ok with your business ?

Note: you can also trigger this start/stop with an external tool (to buy), and why not from an abap program (to develop and schedule).

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sukumar

Identify an IDoc which will carry the data

In the Partner profile the setting should be "Collect iDoc"

Create a Bapi which will select the IDocs based on the Employee Status(not sure how to do it)

You can then schedule the Job which will pick the list of IDcos from the Bapi and process them

Sourabh

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Stop the receiver communication channel?

then where the picked records will resides ? Sensder CC picked the File , but the Receiver is stoped ..how the data will posted after the lock period? can you explaing more on this ?

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sukumar,

I said "stop the sender cc", so PI does not pick-up the file(s).

if you stop your receiver CC (RFC), then all your messages will be in error in SXMB_MONI, and stored in several PI queues (SMQ2). which could have a direct impact on other interfaces which use the same queues (except if your sending is EOIO, as you dedicate only queue to this interface). for me, it's not good to have that.

Mickael

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Mar 1, 2012 1:20 PM

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for giving the suggestion....i am planning to have the idoc to park it in error status and reprocess after the locking period...

thanks for all suggestion

Thanks and regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this post is closed... but just an advice, with this solution (which is also good), you have to be careful on one point: be sure that all your jobs on program RBDAPP01 will be never run with your Idoc messages/types during your frozen period !

So check all your job on this program, to be sure that in all variants you have the idoc message/type which are clealy defined and different to yours!

Be sure also, that nobody will use the transaction BD87 and process (by error) your idocs... So communicate with different businness... and with support team (help desk) !

regards.

mickael