cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between factory excise invoice and Depot Excise Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any difference in invoice calculation part in excise invoice through Factory sales and excise invoice through depot sales?I know the processes but not sure about the excise calulation in these.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope your question is about how in SAP, duty is calculating for factory sales and depot sales. If that is the case, below is my feedback.

In factory sales, you will have to maintain condition record for those excise condition types and the relevant tax code based on which only, while creating factory excise invoice via J1IIN, system will fetch the excise values. Whereas, when you create an excise invoice in Depot via J1IJ, it will just copy the value from the preceding excise invoice since you are referring to parent excise invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From the point of view of Customer, there is no difference, because he can claim Excise Credit to the extent he has received in your Excise Invoice (factory or Depot).

From your point of view, as far as Excise Calculation is concerned, there is one basic difference. In Factory Sales you can create new Excise Liability (Say you have received Excise Credit from Vendor as Rs. 100 but you can pass Rs. 120 to Customer by paying the difference to Excise authorities).

While in Depot Sales you cannot create additional Excise liability & only pass the Excise Credit that you have received from source (Factory In this case).

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.