cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throw Message within GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I create a default configuration for a Form Feeder by implementing the method GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG. Adding elements could cause an exception of type CX_FPM_CONFIGURATION. In that case, i want to display the message of that exception.

But here is my Problem. I have no exporting parameter, like ET_MESSAGES of CHECK_CONFIG, and i can't use the FPM Message Manager. That is because CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE doesn't return an instance.

I'd apprecitate any advice on displaying exception messages, which occur within IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG.

Regards

Mark André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

since you do not get an instance of IF_FPM (by the way, do NEVER EVER use method CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE() directly, but CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE() instead) I guess that method IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM->GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG is called from the FPM configuration editor in your case. The method GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG has been introduced to enable application developers to initially create a default configuration programmatically that can afterwards be changed and saved in the configuration editor. For this, an instance of IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM_CFG_GL2 (in case of the new form FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2) will be passed to the form feeder. It provides methods for the dynamic creation of the default form configuration. Unfortunately, there is currently no specific error message text raised by the implementing class CL_FPM_GUIBB_FORM_CFG_GL2 of that interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM_CFG_GL2 which means that there is no detailed explanation provided to the application programmer about what is wrong in her/his coding. There is surely room for improvement on FPM side...

Best regards,

Jens