cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM Material creation from CIF ( BADI find )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

Once the material in created in ERP system and is CIF to EWM system. Is there a badi which can be used to proccess further as soon as the material is created in EWM.

To be precise, As soon as the material is created in EWM, i want to trigger a BADI or anything else which will help to create the pack spec automatically.

Thanks

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeek,

After the material is in EWM you need to create it as a Warehouse Product in the transaction /SCWM/MAT1 - Maintain Warehouse Product. You ca use a LSMW to do this in mass.

After that you can either create the pack spec manually for each product or you can upload packaging specificantions using the transaction /SCWM/IPU - Initial Data Transfer of Packaging Specifications.

I do not think that the system can create automatically the pack specs beacause it doesn't have the neccesary info as document data (ex. INB), number of levels, packaging materials etc..

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

Thanks for this reply. Actually in our company we create the pack spec for the new material using the copy function of the existing material and just change the target quantity.

I was thinking if i know the BADI for the material creation. As soon as the material is created, we can call the copy function of pack spec giving reference some other material and create it.

Thanks

Sandeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Claudiu,

To updating package specification in /SCWM/IPU - Initial Data Transfer of Packaging Specifications, does a CSV file format already exist? if so, can you please share the link from where we can get the CSV format?

Thanks

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sandeek,

Unfourtunately I do not know of any BADI by that nature. Maybe you can succeed by using LSMW for creating Pack Specs which will be rather delicate to create because I do not think that you can do it in Recording mode.

Regarding Shetty, I did not find any .csv file on the internet as I did for the stock upload. We started, but not yet finished to create our own .csv file taking into account the values from the header of the /SCWM/IPU - Initial Data Transfer of Packaging Specifications transaction. It is very time consuming so be sure to allocate accordingly.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudiu -

We are about to start creating the .csv for /SCWM/IPU.  If you already have this, or found another online source to download that format that will save us a lot of investigation.  I am surprised that SAP doesn't have a note with this information like is provided for /SCWM/ISU (note 974852).

Thank you

Reid Maulsby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reid,

PFB the packspec format with header details. Sorry not able to attach the file, remove the header and upload the file in csv format..

Record TypeSequence No for Pallet SpecificationLevel SequenceContent (for HEADER), Lev.Element (for LEVEL)SpacePackaging Specification IDDescriptionPS GroupCreated ByCreated AtORIG_SYSTEMCHANGED_BYCHANGED_ATBAND_UP_RELBAND_DN_RELBAND_UP_REL_MUBAND_DN_REL_MUMINIMUM_QUANROUNDING_GOALDOC_EXISTLEVEL_SET
H1 <Packspec Desccription>SAP PALLETDATA
Record TypeSequence No for Pallet SpecificationLevel SequenceContent (for HEADER), Lev.Element (for LEVEL)SpaceCondition TableCondition TypeValid From DateValid-to DateCondition Sequence NumberLogical ConditionField nameField valueField nameField value
R1 SAPPAL010PAL<Valid from><Valid To>1 PAK_LOCNO<Site/Plant>PAK_MATNR<Product>
Record TypeSequence No for Pallet SpecificationLevel SequenceContent (for HEADER), Lev.Element (for LEVEL)SpaceMATIDProductUOMTargetBase UOMMixing of PrductsDifferent BATCHSub PS ID
C1 1 <Product><UOM>
Record TypeSequence No for Pallet SpecificationLevel SequenceContent (for HEADER), Lev.Element (for LEVEL)SpaceDisplay SeqTarget qtyMin qtyLayer QtyQty Class in WHHandling Unit TypeUpper Rndg Lt %Lower Rndg Lt %Flag - Min Allowed Pck sizeTotal Weight of HULoading Weight of HUWeight UOMTare WeightTare Weight unitTotal Volume of Handling unitLoading Volume of HUVolume UOMTare VolumeTareVolumeunitTot capacityNet capacityTare CapacityLENGTHWIDTHHEIGHTUNIT_LWHMAX_WEIGHTExcess Weight toleranceTARE_VARMaximum allowed VolumeVol UOMCLOSED_PACKAGEMaimum CapacityExcess Capacity Tol of HUMax LengthMax widthMax heightLWH UOMMin VolMin WeightMin CapacityOpeartive UOMLevel TypeEnter Weight ManuallyEnter Volume ManuallyEnter Dimensions ManuallyEnter Capacities ManuallyPerforming EntityPrint Long TextHU CreationExternal Storage Process StepFill UpRnd upRnd downRnd nearest
L11 1<Target Qty>00 <Handling unit Type> MAIN X
Record TypeSequence No for Pallet SpecificationLevel SequenceContent (for HEADER), Lev.Element (for LEVEL)SpaceMATIDMATNRHURELEVANTUNITQUANDISPLAY_ORDERELEMENT_TYPE
E111 <Pack Material>1 PACK

Regards,

Thyagu.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maxim gives a lot of good and helpfull replies here, but this can not be left unanswered

"After the material is in EWM you need to create it as a Warehouse Product in the transaction /SCWM/MAT1 - Maintain Warehouse Product. You ca use a LSMW to do this in mass."

NO, you do NOT need a Warehouse Product. Other then in WM, where you need a WM view for each material, the warehouse product in EWM is optional, it is just necessary if something needs to be controlled product individually.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a BAdi. Please check:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3420123

Answers (0)