cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP creation for SAP systems on i5/OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to install CRM (abap), PI (abap+java), BW (abap), BW (java), Portal (java) in i5/os V5R4 in one LPAR.

This existing LPAR is already having ECC Dev , QA and PRD.

Now we will installal the above component in this existing LPAR where we have same one IP address and host name for all instances. Now I would like to know about ASP creation for these new systems.

Can anybody suggest me how many ASPs need to create for these systems. If I install all system in one LPAR so what about the DB2 database for all instances. Wheter it will be MCOD for these instances?

Or I need to create one ASP for each instance and each ASP will have seperate DB2 database

Please suggest us what needs to be done for the above mentioned case

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

there is no technical restriction to install all the systems you've listed into one LPAR. Even all in one ASP is possible. You should create seperate memory pools at least for the Java systems though.

The classic MCOD approach is not supported on IBM i. But only because DB2 for i is MCOD by design so to speak. Each SAP system in the same LPAR creates its own database library to work with, no special setup needed.

Having that said, there are good reasons to run certain systems seperate from others though. For instance BW systems have a different workload characteritics than ERP systems and this may cause resource conflicts. Have a look at the SAP on IBM i Reference Architecture document to get a first idea about landscape design considerations:

Regards,

Mirco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mirco,

After reading your answer I can understand I can install all systems in one LPAR and one ASP including BW. But there will be performance issues if BW stay with other system in same LPAR or same APS?

What do you mean by that BW should be in differenet LPAR or different ASP?

If you can give some pre-requisites (i5/os os level) for i5/os before stating sapinst

And can you give some basic commands in i5/os equivalent to ls, mkdir, mv, pf -ef, cd in Unix

Regards,

Sudip