cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Multiple Line Items but one line item in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement from a client whereby they want to consolidate the items in the sales order and create billing as one line item.

Example: in sales order there are 5 line items (user need to have separate line items due to PR need to be generated for different vendors via 3rd party).

Line item 10: Miscellaneous charges - $20.00

Line item 20: Miscellaneous charges - $20.00

Line item 30: Miscellaneous charges - $20.00

Line item 40: Miscellaneous charges - $20.00

Line item 50: Miscellaneous charges - $20.00

In standard SAP, when the user generates billing document - the billing will show 5 line items. However user wants to consolidate them into 1 single line item i.e. Miscellaneous charges - $100.00

Please advice how can this be done.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Anjhi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar requirement. You cannot invoice the full amount(total of all items in SO) on one item in Invoice.

All that you have to do is, while printing the Invoice.. print only One Item with full value. This should be done by ABAPPER in the Script program.

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in standard SAP customizing. If you look at the table structure, LIPS table (Delivery line item) link is there in the VBRP table (Billing line item table) -> VGBEL and VGPOS.

In your requirement system cannot save any value here. If you try to achieve same with an ABAP development, please be very careful as you may run in to inconsistencies.

Please advice you customer to have the billing document in the way that standard is supporting and create the billing document printout (Output) to display consolidated results. Then the end customer will not see anything in the SAP billing document.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fnd

go to vov7 give G in billing relevance and go to copy control select vtfl and select item cat according to ur requerment

give G in billing qunty

Please avoid using 'TXT spk'. Abbreviated text is difficult to read - Please read the [rules of engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] fully. Thank you.

Edited by: Ian Kehoe on Mar 1, 2012 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode : VTFL.

There select your Billing Type with respect to Delivery type. e.g F1 --- LF or F2 -

LF.

Select thet option and goto Items.

There at item level , select the item category of your materials. There In Details :

Maintain Billing Quantity : H as Cumulity Batch Quantity.

Let me know weather is has solved ur problem or not.

Thanks.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

As already advised, I dont think it is possible in Standard SAP.Also I am afraid it may not be a coorect practice either.

Think of scenario where the line items have different batches.Or in a Free Goods scenario how does one understands the difference between a sales order and billing...?

If you have answers,then you can go for an ABAP development.

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not using batch here.

What about if select 1 line item when generating the billing and put the total amount there (this invoice will be used to send to customers)? And then generate another dummy invoice (for all the remaining line items) for internal use and change the value for every line item to zero. Just wondering what would be the impact to FI for this - any input from FI side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gerryl,

I think its not possible in standard SAP. Try to convience the customer to have it as it is in the system.

You can tell them to club the same in the invoice output which is going to go to the customer.

Regards

Suchait