Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager migration to other host

Andersson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have just started a SAP SolMan migration with the SAP migration process export and import.

In the source system we have SolMan 7.01 both ABAP and Java, but also an Java instance of Redwoods CPS.

We now encounter allot of problems when we run the Java export, seems like we miss some CPS tables

in the database Java schema !!!!!

Actually we don't want to bring the CPS with us to our new SolMan host.

My question is:

Could we do a fresh installation of the SolMan Java part on the target host after we have imported the ABAP?

What I know of we have not configure anything special in the Java. But I don't know how the SolMan ABAP/Java

work together and we have done configuration in the ABAP part.

Best Regards

Dick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Andersson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ok, thx for the answers.

We have already undeployed CPS, but we still get the errors.

We'll see what we will go for. Solve the Java errors or do as you suggested at first, install a new fresh SolMan 7.1

Andersson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes that probably is true.

But all the things that we actually already have configured in ABAP will be lost and that we don't want to lose.

So my question is still valid

Regards

Dick

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't like the idea to install a fresh java part. SLD data are lost, CIM Model and so on...

For me it sounds better to undeploy the Redwood packages first. After that step you can do a fresh export of the source system.

-> after the undeployment you can check the cps tables. I am not completely sure but i think they should be deleted with the undeployment... never checked this by myself 🐵

regards, Martin

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when using standard solution manager services only, it could be easier to install a completele new solution manager 7.1.

No migration, no old trash 🐵

regards, Martin