cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conn / as sysdba show idle instance for orasid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a BW system on HP Ux with oracle 11.2. We recently had a system refresh for this sid (BOQ). The ABAP and Java stack is up and running fine. SQL access via boqadm is fine. However, when we try to connect sqlplus as sys via oraboq, it gives me connected to idle instance.

I have gone through SAPNote 1601344 - After an upgrade to 11.1 or 11.2 SQLPLUS no longer works. Applied the solution given in it. However, it still doesn't seem to be working.

The last change was Java import after which we found this. It was working prior to Java import..

Any suggestions??

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the solution is in your hands.

If SQL access via boqadm is fine then check the environment variables for this user and compare them to the environment variables for the oraboq. I assume that you have some wrong environment variables somewhere.

BTW, the comment

conn / as sysdba show idle instance for orasid means database in shutdown mode .

is not correct. If the DB is in shutdown mode then you would not be able to connect as boqadm.

Also, if SAP is working "fine" and can connect to the DB, I cannot imagine how shuting down SAP would solve the issue with oraboq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Can you once shutdown all your SAP applications and database. Do ps -ef and check if any oracle processes are running. Kill if you find any. Check if any changes have been done to tnsnames.ora file. Start the DB through orasid and check. After that start the SAP apps.

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

conn / as sysdba show idle instance for orasid means database in shutdown mode .

Please start the database using startup command.

Thanks

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Could you check "ORACLE_BASE" and "ORACLE_HOME" on the user environment? There should be a typing problem on it.

Additionally, try to execute sqlplus under "/oracle/<DBSID>/112_64/bin/" directory.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik