cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Size - Bug or feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question about the button size in a form view.

At runtime all buttons change their size is that a bug or a feature? If it is a feature, where can I change this settings?

Thx for your answers!

Best Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Marcel!

I have experienced similar situation. In VC Layout I set an exact size for the button in form_view. But in runtime it decreases the button's size down to the button's label size.

Seems like a bug for me.

Temporary solution: you can try to play with <spaces> before & after button's label. Maybe that helps.

Cheers,

--- Kaspars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaspars,

the for the answer. For me it also seems to be a bug. Have you already opened an OSS?

The workaround with the spaces is an good idea. I hope SAP will fix this problems soon, because there are similar problems with the table columns size, which also change their size after refreshing data.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. I've changed the settings of my iview and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm trying to get around adding spaces in my 8 buttons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

well I hope SAP will fix this problem with SP10 in november. We will see...

Regards Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SP10 it looks like it is still a problem.. Anyone able to get around this other than with space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still facing the same issue and I'm on SP12.. Is this still a bug?

Thanks!

Mansha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

the button size is known issue and will be resolved within Visual Composer one of the next releases.

until fix will be provided you can use toggle button control instead of push button as a work around.

best regards,

Maya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel

The resizin of the button size and other UI elements depends on what properties you have given for your Portal iView, I mean its window type, its layout type and type of 'fit contents'.

just try to change these properties and you ll come to know the difference.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

thx for the answer, but it doesn't matter, which setting you choose, the buttons always change their size.

Maybe the function of layout type is not implemented yet.

Regards,

Marcel