cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend.

i want to integrate RFID technology with SAP. i hav downloaded some material about SAP AII and RFID. but i dont know from where to start. can anybody guide me what are the steps about the configuration. or send me the documentation about that on my id. deepaks3@kpitcummins.com

waiting for fruitful reply.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can get relevant configuration guide about the RFID sceanrios at this link

http://www.service.sap.com/scm >RFID> detailed product information.

This link has all the sceanrios defined with configuration guide. The configuration guide is sufficient to configure the scenario.

AII gets connected with RFID devices through device controllers (which manages the devices).

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply amit. can u plz tell me what are the component of XI(SAP Exchange Infrastructure)are used in to integrate RFID Technology in NetWeaver.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Check this thread which would probably help you

This thread contains my reply with respect to similar query in sdn.

You can take any of the application mention in my reply and design a business scenario according to your requirement and the time constraints.

For e.g:

It can be simple application of employee detection, Theft detection in a shop or it can be a simple application of warehouse management

1.Here the asset are tagged -(commisioning of tags),

2.moved into warehouse where the are tags read by the reader(reader deamon)and

3.the the tags are removed for making the assets ready for shipment.(Decommissioning of tags)

Best Wishes & Regards,

Pawan P. Khilari.

Message was edited by: Pawan Khilari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi deepak,

>> component of XI are used in to integrate RFID >>Technology in NetWeaver.

The communication layer of Auto Id(RFID) is made up of proxies and Http services. So in XI the HTTP & XI Adaptor are used for integration. As you know with XI we can communicate the reqd. details to any other system.

regards,

arul.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

why don't you start with the standard

scenarios

below you can find a link to configuration guides:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000661232&;

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal.

thanks for lokking forward to me. i m going through your direction. but i want to know in abstract that what are the main confuguration required in SAP AII , SAP Exchange Infrastructure and in Device Controller. Plz give me abstract idea. i will find out the material then.

thank. waiting for ur helpful reply.

Deepak