cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning plant is different from maintenance plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my client, Maintenance planning is done at head office which located at different place and actual maintenance done at another location (maintenance plant).

What is the effect if planning plant is different from maintenance plant?

Can somebody help me.

Thanks in adv.

R.D.I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are using centralised maintenance system, you use the concept of planning plant for example you have say 10 maintenance plants & one planning plant. You create planner group under the planning plant & it will be used in all of your order & notifications. Further your material planning will be from planning plant only i.e you need to create SLOC in planning plant & from there you will be consuming. Only work centers will be from both maintenance plant & also can be from planning plant. So all authorisation will be with the planning plant.

shakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thanks for your inputs.

But my storage location will be in maintenance plant ie) where the equipments are located.

Also i have only one plant where equipments are located.And for that maintenance plant planning will be carried out from Head office which was located some where else.

Can i create head office as Planning Plant?

Thanks in advance

R.D.I

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the feedback given by you no need to create a separate planning plant. You create only one plant & planning plant will be the same plant only. You can differentiate the head office & the local office by different planner groups. If you create a different planning plant(head office) aslo there wont be any problem(if you wont restrict by authorisation). Plannig plant functionality is used in case of multiple plants whose maintenace is carried out by a single plant(plannig plant) so that it can plan the material requirement of all the plants apart from functionality of authorisation control & reporting. I think in your case you can go ahead with single plant.

shakti

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Reddiy,

E.g. your clients stocks are going to be kept at Plant level and technical objects are going to be grouped by plants, as well as BOMs, potentially. So everything that's "physical" will be organised by plants, with the consequences being in inventory management (e.g. valuation of stock, material requirement planning) and master data (e.g. plant sections, locations, equipments, work centres) at the Plant level.

However, from a Planning perspective, you are going to have one Planning plant and a set of Planner groups. This will affect your maintenenace processing and authorizations, for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your client is looking for centralised planning for maintenance. For this you need to define the planning and maintenance plants in organisatoin structure. give the relevant plant details in both the fields.