Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript - Line spacing problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with a Sapscript.

Due that I need to print new lines using a paper with pre-printing texts, I should move the texts milimeters to display the position in a right way.

However I have a problem that I can't solved...

I have changed the line spacing in SapScript (it would be less than 1,00 LN, I'm using MM, but although I set 0,50 MM, the line spacing is the same.... it is not change...) and nothing has changed.

I have also added printer code in SPAD transaction, in the edition information (Print initialization) and it didn't work...

Could anybody help me? I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ignacio R. Guida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hedvig_rohonyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio and Yican,

which device type is used for the printer EPSON LQ2190. I suppose the customer uses  printer driver STN2 (EPESCP,...). For the device types of a line printer(driver STN2), the SAP system must use spaces and empty lines to place the text. This is a limitation of the ESC/P printer language.(see Note 19807)

Do you have this problem, when you use device type SAPWIN?

Best Regards,

Hedvig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Rohonyi,

Thank you for your kindly advice.

I will check with customer if the driver is STN2, and if it is you said that must use spaces and empty lines to place the text, do you mean that I should use the format order ' / ' to add a empty line in the text elements eidt? if yes about the height of empty line ,does it decised from the basic setting in the HEAD "LINES/INCH" ?

Could you inform me the detai? Thank you .

hedvig_rohonyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yican,

as note describes 'Non-integral line spacing is not supported', when you use line printer (e.g.EPESCP). In the form should only use a line spacing 1, 2, ... because there is no commands to place text on a page and the text is placed with spaces and empty lines.
To calculate, how many empty lines must be put between two text lines, the system needs to know, which is the height of a line. It takes the fixed value, that a line has a height of 1/6 inch. This is the basic LPI (Line per inch) setting in the form. I suppose the best solution assign device type SAPWIN to output device via SPAD.

Best regards,

Hedvig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Hedvig,

I think you are correct, because right now if I set a paragraph  formate between the two variable, such as below:

whatever howmuch I set to PI line spacing( now is 2.3MM), even I change the various of unit for PI (mm,cm,IN,PT,TW),and when priting it always the same height between the two variable( about 4mm-5mm---it is too large for me ,actually I want the space is 2.5mm), I think maybe is just mactch you mentioned 1/6inch(1inch = 25.4mm).

But I have a confusion that because LPI in basic settings is  6,pls check below screen shot:

As per the calculation base the LPI setting is 6IN, that if a line eq 1/6 LPI, if it just eq 1IN for a line actually?

In practice I want to make the space between two variable eq 2.5mm,and now the minimum distance is 4-5mm as I said,  how should I do?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yican,

what kind of device type you are using right now? As Hedvig mentioned before, this should be checked first and perhaps changing this one will solve your issue.

~Florian

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please understand one thing: no amount of fiddling in the Form will change anything if the SAP device type used for printing sets the line spacing to 6 LPI... Which is what, for example, the device types  EPESCP and EPESCP2 for line printers do for Page Format LEGAL (and actually all Page Formats):

Now, EPSON LQ2190 specification says: Line Spacings 1/6" or programmable by 1/360" are supported. You'll have to program the non 1/6" LPI in the SAP device type, however - probably via custom Page Format or something. What you will do in Form will merely adjust the SAP print preview to the physical output controlled by device type...

You can continue the fruitless experimentation in the Form, or you can find out an answer to a very basic question already asked 5 days ago: what SAP device type is used for printing?

cheers

Jānis

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u want line spacing after the para just use '/' thats enough

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers and help,

I want to explain you about a printer problem. I have to print checks with 76 mm to large in a continuing paper. When I print the first, it's OK. The second has a difference of 0.2 mm..... the tenth has a super differente...

I'm using a EPSON ESC printer..... Using its printer command in SPAD transaction I can't change the code in MM.... only in Lines or Inches... (I can't presition...)

Has you had this problem? Could you please help me?

Best regards,

Ignacio R. Guida

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,the two problems you described are what I am facing, so did you already solve it? could you inform me the solution, waiting for your help..

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yican,

first of all, what kind of printer do you have?

What kind of device-typ you are using, what kind of driver is installed at the print-server?

What kind of print-server do you use?

What did you already try to solve your problem?

Is it probably a wire-printer (dot matrix printer)?

All those question should be answered before someone can give you something useful to do next..

~Florian

Maybe you take some time and work through that blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Florian Henniner,

Thank you for your reply.

I am as a maintenance abaper service client , the problem customer informed us that they want to print the script form on the pre-printing texts paper, and the field can not match.

I have tried to adjust the line spacing and tabs in paragragh formats to make field in correct position, however for the value of line spacing whatever I set when customer printed it is always the same.

I thought that may be client's print device can not   reconitize the  unit of lince space, so I changed the unit from 'mm' to 'ln' &'pt' and so on , but it seems still not work.

Actually I have no idea about customer's printer, device-typ,print-server right now. should I ask customer for these information first?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yican,

of course. Imagine, if your customer got a wire-printer it isn't possible to set the height to an exact value...

Out of that, please check first this prerequiered information and perhaps you will discover the issue yourself out of that. Otherwise let us know what they said and perhaps someone will know some useful for you.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Florian,

As I know ,the customer use a dot printer ,I think it is a kind of wire-printer, I thought that maybe the printer just only can not recognize the unit of line spacing, but now I think I am wrong, I changed the unit from 'MM' to 'IN'&'PT' and so on, but it does not work.

You said it is not possible to set the height to an exact value, so is there a different sulotion?

Can I change the font size to control the actual lining space? does it have a releation with font size?

Thank you for your help...urgently...

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check the documentation, normally there is a relation to it. The lineheight is also descriped there, so you might find a solution, which will fit for the pre-printed paper.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I am a new to scn.sap.com, which documentation do you mean?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The documentation of the printer itself. I need to refer you to you to the companies homepage of your printer, because you do not share the modelname.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, As I checked with customer ,they used EPSON LQ2190.

And at the last testing version, I tried to test the set 'Space before' and 'Space after' in the paragraph formats, I don't know if it will works because I am still waiting the feedback from customer.

I have tried to change different to the line spacing ,and the unit of line spacing, but it doesnot work.

Really I have not a usful solution ,so I can just test and test again....and till now it have not good news

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the "Space before" / "Space After" properties of the respective paragraph format.

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you changed the spacing it should be reflected in your script. Sorry if these suggestions sound too obvious, but just in case:

- Did you check that the paragraph format that you modified is the one that you are using in the text you need to modify?

- If you are testing in a different client, remember to import your form using SCC1 as the Sapscripts are client dependent.