cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update stock in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How the stock gets updates in MD04?Where is the inter link between the sales order and MD04?

Can some give a brief explation about this....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Link with sales order and MD04 is Avalibility check and Transfer of requirenment which is maintain in material master in sails view from where the sales req get updated in MD04 based on material avalibility confirmation.

correct me if m wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 controls that update the requirements in MD04. The 1st is the "Availability Check" field in Sales:General/Plant view of material master (MM02 T.Code). Here there are 2 options. Individual requirements and Collective requirements. If it is individual requirement, then the requirements in MD04 will be generated individually for every order, line item and Schedule line. But if it is collective requirement, then it will generate collectively based on criteria such as Plant, Str. Loc., Batch, Requirement class, etc. which can be created on a daily or weekly basis.

The second is Transfer of Requirements (TOR) that is triggered based on Strategy group maintained in MRP view of material master (If standard settings are not changed). In TOR you specify if it is MTO or MTS scenario. If it is MTO scenario whatever you maintain in Availability check will be ignored and always Individual requirements would be triggered.

I guess this will help you understand quiet a bit. Let me know if you have any specific query.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

MD04 might be taking the values from the Stock structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Can u explain in detail....