cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[NW7.3] Problem while trying to deploy an EAR using ant task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to deploy a EAR file to my Netweaver instance using ANT but I'm facing the following problem.

I've downloaded all the files from j2ee/deployment and j2ee/j2eeclient as SAP's documentation says, the classpath is correctly set, however I get this error:

BUILD FAILED!
build.xml:16: taskdef class com.sap.engine.services.dc.ant.convert.SAPImportEAR cannot be found

I've taken a look at tcjedc_ant.jar, which I downloaded from my instance, and it appears that SAPImportEAR is missing.

By opening the file I can see com.sap.engine.services.dc.ant.deploy, com.sap.engine.services.dc.ant.undeploy and com.sap.engine.services.dc.ant.params, but the whole package com.sap.engine.services.dc.ant.convert is missing.

Is it suposed to be anywhere else? All the articles/posts I found state that it should be on tcjedc_ant.jar.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To deploy an EAR file to NetWeaver >= 7.1:

Command:

java -Dserver.parser.inqmy=true -Dproxy=DC -classpath <cp> com.sap.engine.deployment.DMClient user:pw@server:P4port <path/to/ear/file>

the classpath needs the JARs you find in the j2ee/deployment directory

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this example_build.xml is outdated (belongs to NW 7.1).

To build an SDA, look at make_SDA.csh.

Class is com.sap.engine.lib.deploy.sda.SDAProducer.

To buid an EAR, you do not need SAPImportEAR at all, just <taskdef "sapdeploy"...

Regards

Rolf