cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF Business Activity how to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying yo create a Business Activity for a Change Request for MDGF. I'm using NWBC to access the MDGF user interface. This Business Activity link should be shown under the Change Requests section in NWBC.

I'm creating/preparing this configuration on IDES ECC 6.0 incl. EHP5. By default no Business Activities exist in IDES for Financial Data.

I would like to have Business Activities for things like: Create Account, Block Account, Process FRS Hierarchy

What is Business Activity:

Enables users to create a single entity without having to create a change request beforehand in a separate step. The user also no longer needs to select the data model, the entity type, or the change request type. These are predefined automatically as part of the configuration settings.

Business Activity - A transaction that is associated with a change request and can be started from a user interface interaction, for example, a link in a workcenter.

So far, I've done the following 2 things:

ERP -> mdgimg -> Master Data Governance -> General Settings -> Process Modeling -> Change Requests -> Create Business Activity

Here I added a new entry with the following values:

Business Process: FIN1; Description: Create Account; Data Model: 0G

ERP -> mdgimg -> Master Data Governance -> General Settings -> Process Modeling -> Change Requests -> Create Change Request Type

I selected the row with my change request, on the left I double clicked "Business Activities" and added 1 entry - the BA that I created in step 1.

Now I'm stuck. I don't know what to do next in order to see this Business Activity in NW Business Client and so that it works too.

I'm a little bit wondering, why MDG for Financial Data doesn't have any Business Activities defined by default in EhP5?

What is the correct way to create a Business Activity and add it into NWBC? What is important to consider when creating a BA? Does the used Workflow (WS75700027) and/or assigned UI Configuration (MDG_0G_FINANCIALS) be modified too, how?

Best regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good news, I found the information that answers my questions regarding the add new Business Activity links into NWBC left menu for MDGF.

The last step needed to be done in the "Menu" tab of the "SAP_FIN_MDM" role. And also a prerequisite is that, the Change Request type I want to link from the NWBC left menu needs to have the flag set for "Single Object".

The used Workflow and the assigned UI Configuration don't need to be modified.

And here some general info on this topic, which helped me:

Steps for Defining a Business Activity:

• Create Business Activity
  • Assign Business Activity to a Change Request Type (select/highlight row a CR Type with flag Single Object, in the left Dialog Structure click on Business Activities)
    • You can only use change request types in a business activity, where the flag Single Object is set and a main entity type is assigned
  • Assign the Business Activity to a workset or directly to a page of a role in SAP Portal

Or:

• Assign the Business Activity to a role for NetWeaver Business Client with:
    • Web Dynpro Application USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2
    • Parameter IS_CREQ_MODE = "X"
    • Parameter PROCESS = Id of your Business Activity (this is the ID that you have chosen in mdgimg -> General Settings -> Process Modeling -> Change Requests -> Create Business Activity -> first column "Business Process")
    • Example: take a look at "Create Material" in role SAP_MDGM (transaction: pfcg), choose tab "Menu" (left in the menu hierarchy choose: Role menu -> Material Governance -> Change Requests -> Process Material -> Change Material - right click and choose Details)

Answers (0)