cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1; delete old database from SMSY

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

We have done upgrade to solman 7.1 . So we use SMSY with datasource LMDB now.

In former times the database host of some SAP-systems were changed.

So we have some old obsolete entries like database <SID>_0001 in SMSY (sent by SLD BEFORE the solman upgrade.

If we try to delete old entry in SMSY-> databases by right mouse click , system opens the LMDB maintenance, because maintenance should normally done in LMDB. There is no database <SID>_0001 in LMDB and the SLDs - only the correct System <SID> with database <SID> with correct server data.

How can we properly delete the obsolete entries in SMSY ?

In the LM Db Setup Guide I only found some troubleshooting for sync problems between LMDB and SLD, but not how to delete manually in SMSY in SM 7.1. Any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I had same issue and found SAP Note 1817723 - SMSY: Deleting/editing technical systems

Proceed as follows:

1. Call transaction SA38.

2. Enter the program AI_LMDB_EXTSID_CONSISTENCY and choose "Execute".

3. Under "Orphaned ExtSIDs", choose "Delete Orphans

4. Execute the program.

5. Delete the technical system or database in transaction SMSY again.

Tried myself and after executing the program (Point 4.), database got deleted from SMSY instantly.

Regards,

Daniel

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to delete it in LMDB and SLD. Fetch data again from your satelite system to SLD, and wait it to sync to LMDB.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Go to LMDB - DATABASE and delete the system

then delete the system from SLD

and check again in SMSY

regards

Naor

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem.

The obsolete database was only in SMSY and NOT in SLD + LMDB - so no deletion possible in SMSY and LMDB (as suggested by community)

The obsolete database <SID>_0001 was not used by any SAP system in SMSY.

I used the workaround of creating a dummy database system with the obsolete name in LMDB for later deletion and sync to SMSY.

steps:

I create a new technical system in LMDB: select type " Database system" instead of default "ABAP ....."

Identification of technical system:

databasename: <SID>_0001

databasehost: you can use the correct server if you like

databasetype: DB2, oracle, etc...

Next screen (identification technical system):

extended systemname: SID>_0001 (change it to the value you want to delete in SMSY. My solman suggested <SID>00001)

Save

Optional: In next screen you can adapt the description of the system, which will be displayed in SMSY very quickly!

Then delete system from LMDB => deletion of database will be synchonized into SMSY.

Work done.

former_member303281
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Perfect workaround! Many thanks!