cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Tax code for condition in order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our system has SAP configuration to determine Canada tax rates. I created two new tax codes to support partial tax:

GST Exempt/PST taxable and GST taxable/PST exempt for Quebec and Manitoba. They are also assigned in VK12.

Each is represented by a different condition (one for QC and another for MB). During order creation, all orders are able to properly tax in various combinations except the GST Exempt/PST taxable for Quebec. The order is not finding the tax code. How is this value found and assigned to the condition so it can determine the tax? Is there a function module or other area that can be reviewed?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to find the issue by analyzing the "Condition Analysis" option. Please refer below link to see how this Tax condition is determined and posted to accounting.

[Tax determination|http://www.learnsaptips.com/2012/03/tax-account-determination.html]

I hope it will help you to identify the missing point.

Best regards,

Anupa

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Mar 2, 2012 8:14 PM Please dont provide your blogs for which, in the past, you have already been warned

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to restate my concern. The system does not propose a tax code and therefore no tax conditions or rates for when the GST is exempt. The GST is the first tax condition to be determined in the pricing procedure. The customer is exempt (hence the GST exempt) and has a license on the customer master. The order should still have a PST tax on it.

The analysis does not provide further insight other than to say it has a tax license. Is it not possible using standard SAP tax configuration to have a GST Exempt/ PST taxable combination?

Thanks,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the system did not proposed tax code,check wheather tax code is there in FI calculation procedure also.

Regards

Srinath    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the tax code is found under other circumstances, just not if the GST is exempt.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the TAX Code is assign with Tax Procedure.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

did you use "Analysis" (Conditions tab at item level) to check out your conditon ?

what if you hit "Update" ?

also in VK12 did you select the correct key combination? is the cond. record still valid?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have done an analysis and reviewed the VK12 entries.

Both conditions have custom ZOF1 Canadian GST which is what links to the VK12 entry. They both have the same combinations:

MB 1 1 Tax code AJ

MB 3 1 Tax code ZG

MB 4 1 Tax code ZP

QC 1 1 Tax code AJ

QC 3 1 Tax code ZG

QC 4 1 Tax code ZP

Effective dates are the same for all.

JRC3 is assigned to Quebec PST (B+PST)

ZOP1 is assigned to Manibota PST

They are configured similar.

It is not necessary to have VK12 for these conditions (remember that it is working for all other scenarios).

For Manitoba order, the ZOF1 and the ZOP1 with tax code ZP show on on the order. ZOF1 shows with tax exemption, but it also indicates statistical.

For Quebec order, only the ZOF1 is showing with no tax code. It shows there is a tax exemption. It is not statistical. No other condition pulls into order.

The pricing procedure does NOT have the ZOF1 flagged as statistical.

The ZOF1 comes before the other conditions in the pricing procedure.

I don't know how it is being marked statistical when processing order for Manitoba.

Thanks for your response,