cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Installation Issue on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to install Netweaver 7.3 (Java) in my windows 7 and when I was in step 30 of 33 (Java components deployment)

I got the following error

Error message is 'undefinednull:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.. SOLUTION: Check 'undefined' and '' for more information.).

I have successfully created loopback adapter and able to ping the IP address of the adapter . But when SAP server is trying to connect to this adapter using port 50004 and Its getting the error message . I don't know how to assign the port number to this loop back adapter.

I tried to use telnet but it failed . (telnet ram-PC 50004 )

loopback adapter IP : 10.10.0.10

Host name : ram-PC

As I am new to SAP , Please let me know is there any file where I need to define host and port ? Do I need to update service.msc file from windows\system32\drivers\etc\ ? If so, what would be the service name and port ?

Steps taken to resolve this issue :

updated windows host file with IP and host name (10.10.0.10 ram-PC)

updated windows service file with host and port (ram-PC 50004) - This step might be wrong (Do I need to use hostname or service name ?)

uninstalled Antivirus

Turned off windows firewall

Added loopback adapter IP address to Windows firewall inbound rules .

None of the above steps resolved the error . Please help me on the above issue.any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please check service.sap.com/PAM for list of supported OS versions for Netweaver 7.3

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks

Jaianandh V

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and by the way....Windows7 is not supported as server system for any SAP Netweaver....use Windows Server 2008 (R2) instead

GreetZ, AH

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Is the SAP Java instance still running?

Because when it starts, it should bind the TCP port (in your case, port 50004) to all IP addresses (or the IP address you've configured the SAP to use).

Regards,

Isaias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the detailed error message

null:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.handleConnectionIssue(SessionImpl.java:381)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.parseNamingException(SessionImpl.java:337)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.getContext(SessionImpl.java:230)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:150)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.newSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:27)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.impl.ClientFactoryImpl.createClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:180)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.Runner.execute(Runner.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.Runner.main(Runner.java:61)

Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

null:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004]

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:381)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.getContext(SessionImpl.java:215)

... 6 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

null:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getNextAvailableBroker(Destination.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getRemoteBroker(Destination.java:39)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:297)

... 11 more

[ Error ]

[ Error ] Cannot connect[ ConnectionException ].Reason: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1144] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [ram-PC:50004]. Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

null:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

ERROR[ BEGIN ]

Cannot connect[ ConnectionException ].Reason: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1144] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [ram-PC:50004]. Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

ERROR[ END ]

Cannot connect[ ConnectionException ].Reason: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1144] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [ram-PC:50004]. Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

[ Info ] Destroy command:[getParams]

ERROR 2012-02-29 13:27:56.797

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-30181 At least one prerequisite for deployment is not met. DIAGNOSIS: Execution of Deploy Controller Runner tool '"C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW73\INSTALL\SERVER\sapjvm\sapjvm_6\bin\java.exe" -classpath "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/install/lib;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcexceptionimpl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcjeclientlibimpl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcloggingjavaimpl.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/install/lib/tcje~cl_deploy.jar" -Xmx256m -Ddc.api.verbose=false com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.Runner getParams -o "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/DCRetrievedVars.props" --host ram-PC --port 50004' aborts with return code 108. Error message is <b>'undefinednull:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running..</b> SOLUTION: Check 'undefined' and '' for more information.

ERROR 2012-02-29 13:27:56.844 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:937]

FCO-00011 The step deploySoftwareComponents with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Enablement|ind|ind|ind|ind|usage_enable|0|NW_DeployOptionalSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|deploy|0|deploySoftwareComponents was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: At least one prerequisite for deployment is not met. DIAGNOSIS: Execution of Deploy Controller Runner tool '"C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW73\INSTALL\SERVER\sapjvm\sapjvm_6\bin\java.exe" -classpath "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/install/lib;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcexceptionimpl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcjeclientlibimpl.jar;C:/usr/sap/RAM/J00/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.comtcloggingjavaimpl.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/install/lib/tcje~cl_deploy.jar" -Xmx256m -Ddc.api.verbose=false com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.Runner getParams -o "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER/DCRetrievedVars.props" --host ram-PC --port 50004' aborts with return code 108. Error message is <b>'undefinednull:ram-PC:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.10.0.10 and port: 50004. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running..</b> SOLUTION: Check 'undefined' and '' for more information.).

INFO 2012-02-29 13:27:57.702 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW73\INSTALL\SERVER\__instana_tmp.xml.

Edited by: ramkumarsm on Feb 29, 2012 7:37 PM

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

use niping to test connectivity

niping -v -H <hostname or ip> -S <service name or port>

should be Java instance down..

Regards,

Vincent