cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Dynpro Java depending on several computers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem with WebDynpro user logued in. The scenario is this: I have an application on the SAP Portal to search a list of users, then I select a user and click on a button to see the details, but it open a new window to see the details of the user (the info is obtained from the DB).

The problem is that I logued in into SAP Portal with user A and I can see the detail of certain user with my app. But when the Testing area logues in with the same user and at the same SAP Portal and try to see the details of certain user selected, the window show that the user don't exist (NOTE: this error is from the DB).

Then I print on the window the user that is taken and shows that is J2EE_GUEST and for this reason the DB shows that the user doesn't exist.

The question is why on my computer there's no problem with the logued in user and with the computers of the testing area there is.

Another important thing to mention is that we have 2 servers: one is for Development and the other is for QA. The problem is only on QA because the Testing area has no problem on Development.

The code that I use to open the external window is:

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager(). createExternalWindow(urlDynpro, "Title", false);

So, if anyone have at least one little clue it will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you open an ExternalWindow, the domain in urlDynpro has to be the same as the domain in which the portal runs (like "yourcompany.com"). Otherwise, the cookie which holds the logged-in user is not shared between the windows and the Guest-User is used in the new window (or the log-in mask is shown if the application requires authentication).

Have a nice day,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

That's exactly my problem that when I open the external window it takes another "session" but this only happens with certains computers because if I test the application I don't have problems but if another person test the application, he has problems because the external window opens with the Guest user.

At the begining I tougth that it may be some problem with configuration of the Internet Explorer, we checked the version and the configuration and it was the same.

But here's another thing, the other person tested on Development server and he don't have any problems, and he only has problems when he test on QA server.

So, I don't know what to think: if it could be a problem with the configuration of the computer or if the problem is on QA.

Thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you try making the authorization required?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you determine which user should be retrieved from the db?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The data retreived from the DB is not very important, the problem is that when I click on the button and open the external window, the user that is logued in is J2EEGUEST_ but this only happens on certain computers, because when I tray it with my computer the user logued in is the user A.

Any suggest?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the application in popup window, does it require authentication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the popup window doesn't required authenticathion.

The extrange thing is that on my computer I don't have any problem, and with the computers of the Testing area, they do have the problem because it appers the user J2EE_GUEST.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still i have to ask how you determine which user to be retrieved from db

first make it as authentication required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Maybe I have expressed myself wrong, the users are registered on SAP Portal and we have those users on a DB in Oracle also. The users in the DB and the ones that are on SAP Portal are separated things. We can register a user on the Portal but that don't mean that has to be on the DB.

So, that's why I mentioned that the consulting of the data to the DB is not realy important because what I need to know is why on my computer I can see the user A as logued in user on the external window, and Testing see the user J2EE_GUEST as logued in on the external window when they logued in with user A on SAP Portal.

Thanks,

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't know why you just cannot read my question.......

i am not asking how you get the data from DB.

in the popup window, you will populate a usrid, right? and retrieve the user info from your db based on the id.

if so, my question is how you calculate the userid?

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ilse,

Try to print the message and users using message manager and check the issue.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the logon user with

WDClientUser.getCurrentUser().getSAPUser().getUniqueName();

I'm always use this code to get the logued in user and I wasn't have any problems. Do you think that maybe the problem could be here?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make it authorization required, you will be good , i think