cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we control the top level navigation in portal from a java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a scenario where User logged in to portal and assigned with 2 roles (HOME , ISA(Java application)). When user opened a form in ISA (Java application) and tried to enter the data in form and moved to another tab (e.g. HOME) in top level navigation.

When user come back to ISA (Java application) TAB , we show the page where he left earlier. I would like to know if user click any other TAB in top level navigation (Role assigned to him) while working on a page in ISA(Java application) is there any way we can catch that event before he leaves from ISA (Java application JSP page) to other TAB?

How can we control the top level navigation events in the portal from a java application .Since Top level navigation is seperate par file.

Thanks,

RN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Top Level and detailed navigation values comes with iteration in the respective par file.

Please check the par file and based on the value (i.e tab name) selected, you can write your code.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

If I am not worng then you mean to say that you want to capture an event while moving from one tab (role) to another. If this is the canse then you have to do some hard coding in the par file.

Thanks,

Hamendra