cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXI4 SP2 P12 - No Business Layer Sent Back From Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have created a new multi-source universe using the Information Design Tool.

Published the Business Layer to the repository successfully.

When trying to create reports with the universe I now get an error - "No Business Layer Sent Back From Server".

Have checked CMC permissions to the Universe which are fine and the Connection permissions which are also fine?

What else could be causing this error?

Thanks,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting the error with the WebI Rich Client only or with the web version too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

If the issue occurs only on Webi Rich client and not on webi from Infoview, then check the note 1620509.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1620509

Check also your BI4 version. If you are using a version below Patch 2.5, then it might be interesting to update your environment as some people experienced this error message on previous versions and not after updating. cf note 1622652.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1622652

I hope this will help you

Regards,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillipe,

Thanks but I am on Service Pack 2 Patch 12 will beyond Patch 5 and I am not using QAAWS just Webi plus the IDT to design the Universe.

Thanks,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This has been acknowledged as an issue by SAP support who are investigating.  Will feedback here once I have a resolution.

Thanks,

Gary

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Patch15 has been out for a while, and 16 is due this week.

i suspect that support will ask you to patch and retest.  please note, your workflow requires server as well as client upgrades.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I am on the very latest patch set and it is made no difference.

I am currently trying to test the problematic universe with Feature Pack 3 to see whether that will resolve.

Will report back and let me everyone know if it sorts the issue out.

Thanks,
Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

I am also getting this error on  14.0.3.v20120608-0735 (FP3...Patch 6).

All universes on any database (SQL server, HANA, etc) have the same error...no business layer returned

Rich client works but not webi on Infoview.

Any ideas on what needs to be done please ?

Regards,

Naresh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the steps to resolve this error are always the same (this is no 'patch fix'):

the user clicking on the universe/connection does not have sufficient rights explicitly granted on the folder which contains the connection.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

Sorry but this is not true in every case and especially with the buggy SAP BI 4 SP2.

I agree in BOXI 3.1 yes this error did mean insufficient rights but I have logged in as the top-level administrator and granted full control to the Universe and Connections in CMC and it made absolutely no difference.

SAP support are still stumped as to what is causing the issue more than 3 months on.

Regards,
Gary

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please can you email me your OSS number or post it here?

are Support going over saprouter using WTS/RDP to analyse root cause on your host?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I work for an SAP partner and the call number is 178001 / 2012 and if SAP were to connect to us it would be via Net Viewer as most of our customers are non-SAP.

I have tested the IDT Universe concerned myself now with SP4 and it appears the problem is fixed in SP4 as it is now working. 

This was obviously a bug that existed pre-SP4.

I will close the support call down also.

Thanks,

Gary

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

which Datasources are you using?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb,

SQL Server 2005 but on 2 different physical servers. 2 x Relational Connections have been created to use with the Multi-Source Universe in the Data Foundation layer.

Thanks,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump. No-one has any ideas on why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Gary