cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide backend web service via PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a help to configure a simple use case in PI, tried different tutorials and step-by-step guides with no success. I'm total beginner here and struggle with overall concept to get this done. I will really appreciate if you could guide me through the jungles of PI. 7.1

So the example I want to configure is following. I have standard web services available in CRM. The same web service is also available as part of XI content (installed on PI already). My objective is to create an interface in PI that calls CRM, PI should server as a gateway, no direct access from ws consumer to CRM.

Please suggest where to start with interface definition (I think that I have already completed basic tasks like connections between systems, business systems in SLD etc)

Best Regards,

bumbuls

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback. CRM webservice is working fine. Now I created a SOAP communication channel to CRM system. What should I use for target URL? Is it wsdl of the CRM web service or something else? What's the next step to have this 'thing' running?

Thank you in advance,

bumbuls

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WSDL purpose is to represet you tagrget structure(web service ),in WSDL content it self you will find target URL adress.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fist you have to find the end point address for standard content. browse service registry and you will find end point address use this address in receiver SOAP communication channel.

Meanwhile import wsdl and use it as a target structure.

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>The same web service is also available as part of XI content (installed on PI already). My objective is to create an interface in PI that calls CRM, PI should server as a gateway, no direct access from ws consumer to CRM.

Looks like you need to consume webservice that is hosted on CRM via PI. Not a problem. You import the wsdl in ESR and use that as message structure for the target or receiver side. YOu have to configure soap adapter as reciever on ID to consume websevice.

In soap adapter receiver you will reference wsdl url. Rest are all same

Refer SDN for the SOAP receiver scenarios and this [link|http://www.riyaz.net/sap/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/113/]