cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI Compression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can any plase elaborat the significance/ use of WWI Compression functionality.

is it delivered with std Ecc landscape.

Regards

KS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

With the help of WWI Compression, you can compress documents during report generation thus can reduce the load on your database.

it is also possible to compress already generated reports subsequently.

If you want to display the compressed documents in Document Management, in Customizing for Document Management under Define Workstation Application you must make the entry wwiexe32.exe for the workstation application WWI under Define workstation application in network.

Also please refer to below help link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/23/f79640dc522f28e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have successfully activated the WWI Compression but now i want to be sure if it works properly by controlling the desk space.  I need to know where does SAP saved the documents so I can control the deskspace...

Can any one help me on this. I will really appreciate it.

Regards,

May

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI May,

Run the Report RC14SXDVSCHECK in SE38. You will come to know the status of your document types.If everything in green, no issues and working fine.

Anything in Red, then you have to make them into green.

Most of the times, will arise the problems with DMS - Document storage.

Check in config. How your document types assigned to Data carriers.

SPRO > EH&S > Basic Data and Tools > Tools > Document Storage > EH&S Archive Link > Specify Data Carriers

SPRO > EH&S > Basic Data and Tools > Tools > Document Storage > EH&S Archive Link > Assign EH&S Document types to Data Carriers

SPRO > Cross-Application Components > Document Management > General Data > Define Work Station Applicaiton.

Regards

kamal

Answers (0)