cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS - Transport Studio - Assembly Step - How to revert Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

One of my development team asked me to transport a component to production, which is failing to assemble. After checking the reason for the fail, i managed to conclude that the problem was related with a type missing.

I've informed the development team about the error and they told me that the person who gave me the id was wrong, and it should have been another id. After that they gave me the right one.

We are talking about the same component here.

Now i have a component in assembly step which will not assemble because of those errors and i need to start transporting the correct changes.

I have some doubts in which i need your help.

1st. If i start to transport the changes they will be merged with the changes in assembly step, right? (which i do not want to happen since they're changes still in development)

2nd. Is it possible to revert the component in order to exclude the wrong changes? I mean can i revert the steps done until the last assembly?

Basically what the development team wants is that the wrongly indicated changes aren't going to production although they're already in assembly step. After that i will start the deployment of the right changes.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Pedro,

Hope you are doing good.

Regarding your queries:

1st. If i start to transport the changes they will be merged with the changes in assembly step, right? (which i do not want to happen since they're changes still in development)

Yes, when you start the import, the changes will be merged with the existing changes in the asembly step.

If there are still changes present, you can wait for all of them to be activated, and then all the changes can be transported.

2nd. Is it possible to revert the component in order to exclude the wrong changes? I mean can i revert the steps done until the last assembly?

The best way here will be to delete the existing components from CMS, do an activation-> transport from scratch in the correct order.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Answers (0)