cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task can not be submitted if no values are changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

has anybody encountered the problem that no UI-task can be submitted if no values have been changed?

It seems like that since 7.2 there is a check in the UI if any value has been changed and if not, the submit button can be clicked but nothing happens. In some cases this comes very handy. But in other cases that causes problems.

In a customer scenario we have several UI-tasks which need no user input but only show read-only fields. After the migration to 7.2 those tasks cannot be used anymore as they cannot be submitted.

Does anyone know if there is a switch which i have not found yet?

As a workaround we would have to put a mandatory comment field in any of those tasks but surely this is not what the customer wants and expects.

Cheers

Jörn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jörn,

what do you mean by "those tasks cannot be used anymore"? If you want to display only why do you need to submit?

I don't think I know a configuration setting that solves your problem (which I haven't fully understood yet) but with rhidmo (http://rhidmo.ktechnologies.de/) you can also prevent users from submitting if no changes were done.

You might want to have a look, it might be useful.

Thanks

Kai

thomas_groth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

the main point is that we dont just want to diplay a task. We want to manually start a process like activating or disabling an entrytype but without needing to input any data or reason. That was possible in 7.1. Its almost the same like approving a task without giving a reason which is possible too in 7.2.

Regards,

Thomas

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try a dummy field, read only and with default value %$ddm.datetime8601%?

Then there is one field on the UI that always changes and still nobody has to enter anything.