Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign/unassign a finance document in sales order

former_member431874
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

At billing tab at line item in sales order, a finance document (a letter of credit in this case) can be assigned. I would like to know

1. how to assign and unassign it

2. is it possible to "deactivate a letter of credit" meaning that the letter of credit (already created) cannot be assigned to SD documents.

The field "Financ.doc.no." in VA02 is disable, so it cannot be changed.

Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot change the said field in sale order. One option is you can foreclose that sale order by assigning Reason for Rejection. Meanwhile, if you execute VX12N, I believe a field is there with a text "LC expiry or Last Date of Shipment" which I am not sure since I am not in front of SAP right now. You can predate this

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. how to assign and unassign it

If you have created a financial document in the transaction Vx11N, then you can assign that to the sales document item or to the header using that field in the billing tab. You need to have the "Paym.guar.proc." field fill before doing that.

To un-assign it, you can simple remove the value from that field, before you create a delivery / billing for that sales order line item.

2. is it possible to "deactivate a letter of credit" meaning that the letter of credit (already created) cannot be assigned to SD documents.

Yes, in the Financial document type configuration you have a configuration option to setup validity periods. During LC document creation using transaction VX11N, you can give a validity period. Based on the validity dates system will issue an error message, if you try to assign an expired LC.

If you want to see how this should be configured, check below link;

[LC|http://www.learnsaptips.com/2011/09/how-to-handle-letter-of-credit-in-sap.html]

Best regards,

Anupa