Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy dms

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am new to DMS implementation. But some how i have been success in implementing the same to my client with all his requiremnets using ERP. Now i want to know how to activate and use web concept for DMS, using easy DMS.

I read thorugh the document in help SAP, but i was not able to know where to strat and how to proceeed. Can some one guide me on the same with main procedure on how to achieve this, so that i provide the same to my client.

Please help and guide me as done till date.

regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Refer Link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/10887281-217c-2b10-e4a9-beffa143e16b

It has useful information on Easy DMS and web concept

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thanks and this link was usefull. My question is how to start to work on configs for the easy DMS.

Currently we have completed the configs in ECC6.0 ERP only and not using any web based. Hence

1) I want to know how to config easy DMS which is web based. ?

2) Is any download or installation is required for the same?

3) Any basic configs for the same?

regards,

satish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You need to download Easy DMS software from SAP service Marketplace. In the login screen of Easy DMS you shall find the list of systems which are already defined in SAPgui logon pad. Select the relevant system entry and punch in required user and password.

Post successful login you are ready to start operations using Easy DMS.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

It was great help and good answer from your end. I took help of our basis guy as he had access to download the same. Once it was downloaded i installed only unicode version of the same but facing the below issues,

1) I am not able to see the my clients sap log pad which is defined in my SAP gui. But i am able to see all other SAP logons of all the other old clients also which my company has worked with, but some how i dont have any of these log ons on SAP GUI and i dont even have access to them. Any solution for this please.

2) Some how there is a option to add manually the client i tried adding the same, when i do this and try to log in i get and error "Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx"Please help me on how to resolve the same.

I was not able to find the correct when i browsed through....please help

Regards,

satish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saitsh,

1) I am not able to see the my clients sap log pad which is defined in my SAP gui. But i am able to see all other SAP logons of all the other old clients also which my company has worked with, but some how i dont have any of these log ons on SAP GUI and i dont even have access to them. Any solution for this please.

No prob. Leave this issue.

2) Some how there is a option to add manually the client i tried adding the same, when i do this and try to log in i get and error "Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx"Please help me on how to resolve the same.

You may manually enter SAP login credentials

R3NAME = SID of your SAP system

ASHOST = Ip address of your SAP system

You may also be asked for instance number and client of SAP system. Also userid and password.

you shall enter them manually in the easy DMS login screen,

Also ensure that userid which you may use has SAP_ALL or atleast S_RFC and S_RFCALL authorization objects in the authorization profile/roles. These objects are required to have successful login to backend ECC system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot deepak it was a very grreat help from you.

By the time i saw your answer i also tried in this way may be i entered some detials wrongly here.

So again I tried the other way round also which worked, I was able to find out that easy DMS is taking detials from sap logon ini file in C drive windows section where earlier instances were availble which were used by other people and system was not foramtted. But my current client detials were not available i wondered and dont know why? but some how i manually added the all the detials there and it automatically appearead in easy DMS screen and allowed me to log in.

Excellent support and help from your end....and thanks for being with me till the issue got resolved. Hence full points for you my freind.

regards,

satish

Answers (0)