Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help in following case

gaurav_khujneri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please help in following case u2013

Sales Quantity Contract has a quantity 75,000 Tons. The rate is 24.50$ so the total amount is 18327500.

But the actual quantity in order is 77,500 (2500 tons extra) . Now I would like to bill the extra quantity at a different rate (25$). Also in billing document I need two lines to mentioned break up of quantity and rate like u2013

75000 X 24.50

2500 X 25

How to deal with this situation in pricing / condition type?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will have to insert another Line Item of the same Material with additonal quantity. This will ensure that you will have separate Line Items in Invoice also.

Now coming to Price. If your Price is entered manually in Sales Order, then you can easily enter different Price for each item (24.5 for 75000 & 25 for 2500). But this will not be the case & Price will be determined based on Condition Records.

Now, look for a free field in Sales Order, my suggestion will be either of - Material Pricing Group or Price Group or Customer Group or Price LIst. These feild are at Sales B tab at Item Level in Sales Order. I am sure one or two of these will not be used currently in your company.

Say you select Price Group. Goto IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Pricing - Maintain Price-Relevant Master Data Fields - Define pricing groups for customers. Here define a variable say 01 - Extra material.

Now insert this field in your Condition Table for Pricing & maintain condition record for the same. Thus while creating Sales Order, user will have to select 'Extra Material" in Price Group field in Sales Order & system will automatically determined Price.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav Khujneri,

Please try to use a relevant subject line when you post query.

Also read the forum rules/rules of engagement.

When the rate is 24.5, create the first line item. system will take 24.5 / qty for pricing.

After that save the order.

Now change the pricing condition from 24.5 to 25.

Come back to the order in change mode and include the extra qty and second line item.

Check the price for 1st line item and 2nd line item.

Now you can perform the delivery and billing.

One thing to consider here is the pricing type in VTFL (it should be copy the pricing elements unchanged)

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles