cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS- only latest version button in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

My client has a requiremnt as below and need your help on the same.

We have material master as object links for few document types. My client wants like person A should be able to use both the buttons current and all versions radio buttons in additional data tab----doucment section of Material Master, but person B should be able to access only current version not all versions.

How can we achieve this, I tried searching for the authorization object in MM and DMS for this radio buttons but was not able to find any. Please suggest how can we achieve the same.

regards,

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "Additional data tab" is used for searching the document contents. In additional data, we have to specify only the contents of the documents, here we cannot use any authorizations. Please do not use person A and person B at additional data level.

There is no authorization for MM separately, None of the radio buttons in additional data has authorizations. use standard authorization objects and use it as department wise. if person A is plant 1 and if person b is in plant 2 then you can go ahead of using authorization objects.

regards

kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan,

Yes you are right. Here we have only one plant. The concerned departments other than design will access and download the documents from the MM itself.Hence customer says there are chances that one can select all versions and may download wrong file, hence they want to limit only "current version" to those departments.

Now how can we achieve this.

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The concerned departments other than design will access and download the documents from the MM itself.

Here you can give authorization for department wise. only display mode for other departments.

Hence customer says there are chances that one can select all versions and may download wrong file

SAP DMS will always keeps the latest version in front. so the user cannot have more chances to download the older version wrongly. Here we are going to have only limited users.

Regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanan,

Yes you are correct and thanks a lot for guiding on the same.

As you stated, yes only latest version will be at the top, but customer says there are chances where that person can click on all versions and click on other file and may download the same. I agree this is manuall error from their end and they want to control that this mistake doesnt happen. Hence how to achieve the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear dms consultants,

I would like to learn sap dms. I know theoritically but not practically. Basically iam basis consultant.

any bady provide traing on Dms . Please reply me i will send my email id