cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects Explorer The creation of the data source object tree failed

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new information space in BusinessObjects Explorer 4.0. When I select the Universe I want to use and click "New" Information Space I get the following error.

Failed to retrieve the data source details.

The creation of the data source object tree failed.

I'm just using a local installation, BI Platform 4.0, Client Tools, and Explorer are all installed on my Windows 7 machine. It's intended to be a demo environment.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

first of all BI4 Enterprise is not supported on Windows 7 and it may not work properly for various reasons.

But you can give this a try:

Update the command line parametres of each of the Explorer Services to use a different value for the connection server libraries

The changes are made to the command line of each of the Explorer services

- Master

- Exploration

- Indexing

- Search

Remove the following from the command line parameters of the existing Explorer services

-connectivity_dir "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer"

Example of the original Explorer Master server command line parameters:

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dosgi.configuration.area=configuration.BI40.ExplorerMasterServer1 -server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dosgi.clean=true -Xmx1g -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar -loggingPath "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" -connectivity_dir "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer" -serverkind explorerMaster

And update the server command line parameters with the following:

"-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer"

Example of an updated Explorer Master server command line parameters:

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dosgi.configuration.area=configuration.BI40.ExplorerMasterServer -server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dosgi.clean=true -Xmx1g -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar -loggingPath "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" -Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory="C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer" -serverkind explorerMaster

0 Kudos

George, thank you so much, that worked!

NUP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi George

Hope you are doing great.. I am facing the same issue.

I went thru the steps you have mentioned above but the server fails to start after making the changes. We have even reverted back the changes to the original setup but still the server fails to start.

Environment details :

SBOP 4.0 SP4

Windows 2008 R2 server standard edition.

Fresh installation.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Neeraj

Answers (0)