cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Balance Sheet and P&L through Standard Datasources?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Can you tell me how to create a Balance Sheet and P&L through Standard GL Datasources?

I have been reading this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2f6d9790-0201-0010-dcbc-e099c7c049a2?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&5003637409649].

Is that the correct way to create a Balance Sheet and P&L in SAP BW? Is there any easier way? This looks like complex way to create a basic accounting statement.

If this is the only way, can you provide any screenshots or elaboration of page 27 of the document?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below is the standard content for Balance Sheet and P&L reports.

0FI_GL_10 (DS) --> 0FIGL_O10 (DSO) --> 0FIGL_C10 (Cube) --> RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10 (Function Module) --> 0FIGL_V10 (virtual Cube)

U can use standard query 0FIGL_V10_Q0001, which gives you balance sheet. For P&L u need to restrict nodes from GLACCEXT (Financial Statement Version) hierarchy. Pls contact your functional team to find which nodes to restrict.

The FM (function module) between 0FIGL_C10 & 0FIGL_VC10 that takes care of balance sheet & P/L logic taking GLACCEXT hierarchy into consideration, i.e. GLACCEXT is available in 0FIGL_V10 but not in 0FIGL_C10.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. V and I posted at the same time.

Mr V,

Thanks for your response. I thought it was very helpful.

Can you please confirm that this is correct?

To see the Balance Sheet and P&L, I will install all the objects up to 0FIGL_V10 and the query 0FIGL_V10_Q0001 using the BI Content tab.

Then I bring the data from ECC up to 0FIGL_C10. I restrict the node at Query Designer. Then, if I run the query, it will show me the Balance Sheet and P&L.

Is there any further modification that I need to do to RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10 (Function Module)? Or is just installing it in pair with 0FIGL_V10 (virtual Cube) be enough for BS and P&L?

Edited by: sauravg80 on Feb 29, 2012 4:53 PM

Edited by: sauravg80 on Feb 29, 2012 5:15 PM

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Install standard content as it is. No modification required for FM (RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10).

0FI_GL_10 pulls data from FAGLFLEXT table. Make sure u have data in that R/3 table.

Install standard query as it is. This will give u Balance sheet.

For P&L, u should restrict hierarchy nodes at query designer level.

Make sure u load data fro 0GLACCEXT hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh,

So what is your advice on how to create a Balance Sheet and a P&L in BW? Which standard datasources and queries should we use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I havn't gone through the whole document but I didn't understand the usage of Virtual cube in the method explained on page 27. If we have all the data loaded in BI cube then we should use the data target for report creation.

Anyways you will not consider the last moment data for balance sheet or P&L report creation. So you will have data extracted in BW well in advance.

Regards,

Durgesh.