cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading WSDL from Integration Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to download the WSDL of an outbound interface from the Integration Directory from an external application.

For example, imagine that the interface myInterfaceOut is already configured in ID. Is it possible that this can be downloaded by specifying a URL just as we download a WSDL in case of a web service. But this interface is not explicitly defined as a web service.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that's possible because for deployed webservices a wsdl exists statically. As for soap sender adapters, the wsdl only is created when requested through the "define web service" tool.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

>>>> <i> Is it possible to download the WSDL of an outbound interface from the Integration Directory from an external application </i>

Ans : NO, but if you manually download and give to the appropriate 3rd party, then they can build their webservices and hit your XI

>>>> <i> For example.........</i>

Ans : NO, as above.

>>>> <i> But this interface is not explicitly defined as a web service </i>

Ans : You would not specify any interface as webservice for that matter. All interfaces are same w.r.t XI. It is only the communication channels & other settings (like extraceting wsdl etc) which make a particular interface as Webservice. while you can try to get wsdl out of any interface, if it was not configured (with SOAP adapter etc) then there is no point in doing that. But certainly, you can configure necessary communication channels and make this as a webservice.

Hope this clarifies all your doubts.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu and Henrique for your answers...

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

Please go through this link and see if it helps...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/31/daa0404dd52b54e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Abhy