Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreate SIDADM - Urgent

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings!

I friend of mine uninstalled and old Q&A system that we weren't using, so he uninstalled SAP but without checking de "keep os users" option, the issue is that this old Q&A system had same SID that our current Q&A, so domain users (SAPServiceSID and SIDadm) were deleted, i was able to recreate the users but somehow when i login to windows 2008 i see i now have an user profile that's sidadm.domain and i am not able to stop/start any sap / oracle services, when i enter services.msc and double click on them they're greyed out.

I am running R/3 4.7 over Oracle 10.2.04 on Windows 2008 x64.

How can i gain access again to services?

I appreciate any help, thank you.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SIDadm need to have SAP/ oracle environment variable assign to them. You can check by refer to SIDadm on development or production.

To make things easier, i believe you can recreate the SIDadm with sapinst. Just lauch sapinst and check "preparation" section.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas, thanks for answering.

I already set all environment variables based on my DEV system, also tried to use sapinst to recreate the sidadm user in the first place but the corresponding version of sapinst does not have that option (NW04 SR1).

BR's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

As this is a Windows sytem, once you created a new user (even tho with the same username) his unique identifier on Windows has changed and the issue that you are facing may due to the lack of permissions on the filesystem. I would recommend you to right click and check the permissions. You should see an old user S-1293819-1239128391 (this is a made up number, yours should be other) and also check if your current user is with the permissions.

Another thing, the lights on MMC stay gray for all the time or the service tries to start up and soon after comes down?

Cheers,

Maurício

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio, thanks for answering

I removed my SIDadm user from all local groups and added it again yesterday, after reading your post i noticed that SAP_LocalAdmin and SAP_SID_LocalAdmin didn't have any users but and S-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx one like the one you just mentioned, i just deleted it and added domain\SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin user, should i add sidadm and SAPServiceSID to this groups? I logged off and on again and still same error.

Also SAPServiceSID and SIDadm "new user" was added to Administrator, ora_dba, ORA_SID_DBA, ORA_SID_OPER, SAP_LocalAdmin and SAP_SID_LocalAdmin groups.

Under SAP Systems on the console folder there is no SAP Instance, i proceed to added it manually and all lights are grey, i try to do a Start or Stop for the instance and i get an 80070005 error Access is Denied. I checked the SAP MMC permissions and the SIDAdmin has full permission to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

The permission denied preety much nails the issue. It is the problem that I was suspecting. I've looked into a Microsoft system that I have here and all the files should have permissions to SAP_LocalAdmin and SAP_SID_LocalAdmin. Check if your adm and SAPServiceSID are inside those groups and if the groups are currently assigned to the files of your instance and also the SYS folder.

Cheers,

Maurício

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

You can use the latest SAPINST to create SIDadm user, it doesnt matter. Give it a try.

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

I did what you said, double checked all users and groups and still nothing. I forgot to say one thing, the oracle and sap services are still running with the "old user" i haven't stopped instances or DB, could this be the problem to the access is denied? because all services are still running with old user SIDadm user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

You probally would have to re-create all the services no services.msc once again because they are suffering from the very same issue that you had with the files. The Windows is still storing the unique identifierd S-3928.. into the services definition.

To re-create the SAP service you can go to the exe folder of your system and execute the sapstartsrv.exe and you are able to recreate by this app. Remember to use credentials for the SAPServiceSID but mark the option Use Environment of User and put the adm in that field and select the start profile.

If the oracle users were removed also, you are probally facing the same issue in the oracle files and services also, but in the DB area, my knowledge is limited, sorry :).

Cheers,

Maurício

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

With your tips i was able to solve the problem, i didn't need to recreate the services tough, what i did was stop manually the instance, then i stopped all sap services, then stopped DB and its services, i reboot the server and everything was working like a charm.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some SAP Notes which explain about require environment variables under windows platform.

Check these notes. May be useful if you decide to manually set environment of SAP users.

[Note 94801 - Environment variables/Registry (Windows NT)|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/94801]

[Note 556232 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on Windows|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/556232]

[Note 31559 - NT: Setting environment variables for R/3 kernel|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/31559]

You may need to compare and cross check with other running SAP System.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede