cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax classification material of destination country in stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am really curious to see who knows the answer to this question as I searched in various SAP note all day and could not find the answer.

I am using the plant abroad functionality and doing a stock transfer between plants (from Germany to French). I am doing the billing document using type WIA (Plant abroad).

In the condition record for taxes of the pricing procedure the material tax classification taken is the one which you can find in the material master (view Sales:sales org 1) for the departure country (Germany). This is a problem! The tax classification that should be taken is the one of the destination country (France).

How can I have this done? Is there something in the configuration that I can set to have the material tax classifcitation of the destination country and not of the departure country. Maybe in the condition record or in the pricing procedure or in tax configuration?

THank you

Valeria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts, how is possible that nobody was yet able to answer me??

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer condition type :

WIA1

- Input Tax Dest. Ctry

WIA3

- Output Tax Dest.Ctry

Refer its access sequence MWST.

There it has 2 std accesses and check fields involved.

- 2 - Domestic Taxes

- 11 - Export Taxes

That will be able to validate my previous response:

FYI, as per SAP best practices Tax is determine on the bases of

- Departure Country of Delivering Plant (ALAND)

- Destination Country of Ship-to Party (LAND1)

- Tax Classification for Customer (from customer master) (TAXK1...TAXK6)

- Tax Classification for material (from material master) ( TAXM1...TAXM6)

Therefore, destination country is determine on the bases of Ship-to Party Country.

Futher, tax classification either at material or customer is based on departure country.

If in case of any concern or doubt, please revert & elaborate the same.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

My problem is this what you wrtie here "Futher, tax classification either at material or customer is based on departure country"

I need the material tax classifciation to be based on the destination country.

My question is how this can be done.

Thank you

Valeria

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per standard not possible.

Can you elaborate, what you want achieve or purpose for the same?

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing an intercompany stock transfer from a plant abroad to the other plant abrroad (one is in France and one is in Germany). I need the tax code to be taken considering the material tax classifciation code of the destination country. In MM03 Sales org Tab of my material the tax classifciation is 1 for Germany and 2 for France. I need 2 to be taken in the condition record as I am moving the stock to FRance.

THank you

Valeria

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any specfic scenario for requirement.

But frankly, you might need to change some preception related to SD tax determination.

Please refer following SAP Notes, which will be helpful in your understanding & reference:

- Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution.

- Note 10560 - Tax determination for plant abroad

- Note 1032869 - Tax determination in intercompany billing

- Note 63103 - Plants abroad (tax procedure)

- Note 99745 - Destination country for intercompany billing

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through those OSS note but they are not helpful regarding my request of having the material tax classifciation taken from the country of destination instead of departure.

Valeria

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeria

Welcome to SDN Forum

I am not sure wheather it will work or not.But please check by maintaining the key combination of destination country for the tax condition type. and maintain condition record for that condition type and check wheather it is working or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinath,

Thanks a lot for your answer but since I am a tax expert and not an SD expert please could you give me more details on the steps you suggest to do? Possibly the Tcodes as well.

As soon as I will receive those I will try it!

Valeria

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeria

Create a condition table using t.code V/03 (Create Condition Table)..Then using t.code V/07 (Maintain Access Sequences) add the key combination to the access sequence ,which is assigned to the tax condition type.Maintain condition record using t.code VK11.

But as this is a configuration related issue,kindly discuss with your SD Consultant.So that he can do the configuration.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but I am not sure if this is answering to my issue. I already have a condition table with Destination Country and with Material Tax classifciation. The problem is that the system read as Material Tax classification the one that in the master data is for the departure country.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeria

If you are already having the key combination of Destination Country and Material Tax classification and if the system is reading material tax classification for the departure country,so check the in the sales order,which key combination the condition type is picking in the sales order.

Regards

Srinath

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI, as per SAP best practices Tax is determine on the bases of

- Departure Country of Delivering Plant

(ALAND)

- Destination Country of Ship-to Party

(LAND1)

- Tax Classification for Customer (from customer master)

(TAXK1...TAXK6)

- Tax Classification for material (from material master)

( TAXM1...TAXM6)

Therefore, destination country is determine on the bases of Ship-to Party Country.

For reference you can refer SAP Consulting Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I know what you are saying below but this is not the point. THe point is that when the Material Tax classification is picked up it is the one that in the material master data is filled in for the departure country and not for the destination country

Valeria