cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change currency at header level in shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm working with SRM 7.0 in classic scenario. We are facing an issue, because even if we change the currency at item level, when the PO is created in back-end it is the default currency of the supplier. We can change behaviour in Badi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW to get header currency (wich is default currency in pposa_bbp). But problem is that we want to be able to change header currency in shopping cart. And when we change header currency this currency will be applied in all items (thank to badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE).

How can we make possible for the requetser to choose the currency at header level? This currency will those when purchase order will be created.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peggy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually there is no header currency in shopping cart. You have to assign it at item level.

Maybe you can create a logic to take currency from vendor assigned and replicate it to item in question. However, suppliers in shopping cart are also defined at item level. There is no unique supplier as in purchase order.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo

Thanks for your response. But there is a currency at header level in shopping cart. The currency at header level is this defined in the currency attribute in PPOSA_BBP. And visible in "total amount" in the SC. Even if you change currency at item level, the currency at header is never changed.

My problem is that I don't want the system to take currency vendor but currency of the SC. But in so far as you can have different currencies at item level, my idea was to be able to change currency at header level and this currency at header level will change all curencies at item level to have same currencies at header and all items...

Regards,

Peggy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peggy,

Do you want your PO to be created in your item currency..?

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

If you change the SC header Currency as well it won't be an effective solution as your SC items can have muplitple currecies.

Now As per standard SRM PO currency is determined from vendor currency, hence if you SC line item is created with currency GBP and your vendor has currency CHF then your PO will be created with currency CHF only.

Now if you need to retain the SC line item currency in your PO then you need to do particular enhancements in standard SAP code to overwrite vendor currency functionality.

and more over I would suggest you to group the PO based on Currencies. For example all SC line items with currency CHF will create 1 PO.

In that case it will be easier to change the PO currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks all for your responses. To explain better myself, I don't want the system to take currency vendor but I want the system to take currnecy of SC. And as far as SC can have different currencies at item and header level, my idea was to : make editable the header currency to make possible to change header currency (where you can see total amount) and as soon as requester changes this header level, I copy this header currency in all items (thanks to badi bbp_doc_change). And as soon as the PO is created in back-end I modify currency of PO to take SC currency (which will be the same at header and items) and not vendor currency (thanks to badi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO).

But I don't know if it is easy to make editable field "currency" at header level.

Regards,

Peggy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

Making the header currency field editable is not easy. We had a similiar requirement wherein, we have done the below modifications:

1. Implemented BBP_CREATE_BE_PO, such that whenever vendor currency is diferent from SC line item currency, it should always take the Sc line item currency.

2. Also, then there will be cases wherein the SC line items have different currencies. Thus we have added currency also as a PO split criteria in BBP_BS_GROUP_BE. So when say SC has two line items with different line item currencies, it will generate 2 POs.

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu

Thank you for your answer.

Peggy.