cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split shopping cart qty to create two PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM guys

Could you give me a tip to develop for this requirement?

We use the classic scenario.

My customer want to split shopping cart qty to create PO with different vendor.

I know that buyer can change the shopping cart data in workarea. But buyer can not split shopping cart qty to create PO with different vendor.

Help me --;;

How to develop this requirement?

example:

Shopping cart No: 60001

line item 10: AA 100 qty

Buyer want to split SC qty

SC No: 60001 -->line item 10: AA 50 Qty --> PO 001

SC No: 60001 -->line itme 20: AA 50 Qty --> PO 002

Thank you

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess I am a bit confused as to why you cannot split the cart into two separate PO's.

Is the vendor a catalog vendor?

Our process is that the non-catalog vendors are converted over into a requisition on the SAP side. Our buyers then convert the req into a PO. That requisition can be split to any vendor.

Otherwise, if you are trying to do this at the shopping cart level, two separate lines would need to be created specifying the different vendors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

There are 2 ways.

1.Create 2 line items in SC with different vendors.

2.Maintain Quota arrangements with different vendors in MM(Backend system). Then create PR from SC and buyer will create PO on different vendors as per quota arrangement.

PS : Reward points if helpful

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I have already suggested option 1 to my customer to avoid modification of SRM. But enduser can not know that.

Only Buyer can decide to create PO with A vendor and B vendor for one line item.

And then.. Actaully they don't want quota arrangements.

Thank you jagadish. ^^

I think we need to modify.

Now i'm not sure how to develop.

But I have only conceptual design.

So once buyer change the SC qty and create PO 1 in workarea, residual quantity for SC will be appeared in worklist again.

I'm trying to find out the solution how to develop with above concept.

If you have some idea, could you give a tip?

Thank you.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are the buyers making the changes in the SC or the backend? It is possible to make the change on the backend. Our shopping carts are converted over into a requisition on the backend. The buyers are then able to take that requisition and turn it into a PO. There can be two separate PO's for the same requisition.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monique

In our case, buyer can change the SC in workarea, and then convert SC into PO.

I know that MM can manage the residual quantity to create two separate PO's.

But it's not correct solution for our case.

Thank you for your comment again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohee,

I think your requestor wants to have 'Quota arrangement' concept (available in MM) in SRM also.

SRM 5.0 provides such feature, but the source of supply should be represented by a contract and the Quota allocation

I don't think SRM 4.0 has such feature. In which case this might need detailed analysis and modification to SAP modules. It again depends how flexible you want the feature to be. I mean, it depends, whether you alwasy want equal distribution or self-adjustable distribution etc...

I would be interested to know how this requirement will be implented in SRM 4.0 (in case if you have SRM 4.0)..

Thanks,

Jude