Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN Best of 2004 ...

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Members,

It is December already the right time to think about what was the best this year on SDN.

Please post your personal favorite:

- Article

- Weblog post

- Forum post

- E-Learning session

- other

Let everyone know why. I am really looking forward to your stories.

Thanks, Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is really hard to choose one, but I must say the ABAP Forum is how I started with and in between I changed jobs, which gave me the opportunity to look beyond ABAP. The BSP Forum was making a lot of (sweet)noise then and Brian McKellar, Craig Cmheil and Thomas Jung contributed a lot with their BSP weblogs. I don't think , there were as many , until Horst Keller started posting ABAP weblogs. ( Probably BSP was a trendsetter ).

The E-Learning Sessions and Weblogs have been very helpful, in particular.

I may not be the best or even close, but I am better off than guys ignorant of SDN.

It is so difficult to get out of SDN , even on weekends.

My personal favorite would be this,(as I gained confidence, that it is possible for me to sit on the other side of the world and <b>ACTUALLY</b> reach out).

Regards,

Subramanian V.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I go with Craig (/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/10/bsphowto-generate-pdf-output-from-a-bsp).

This showed the collective power of SDNers.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Category Other:

My personal SDN Best of 2004 favorite is getting an autographed photo of Mark Finnern with a rose in his mouth sitting on the SDN Clubhouse Info Desk before TechEd San Diego started. It will adorn my cubicle wall for as long as SDN exists. Go, Mark! But don't leave us for GQ magazine!!!

Elke

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well my vote for what was personally the most important weblog wasn't actually posted in 2004 (but given the number of times it is still referenced in the forums; it is still quite relevant). That weblog would be the following:

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2003/09/23/bsp-programming-handling-of-non-html-documents

This was one of Brian McKellar's first WebLogs on BSP. This was very early on so I hadn't quite made up my mind about SDN. Personally this weblog convinced me that SDN was going to become a place of great technical information. This weblog and Brian McKellar are the reason I stuck around (and eventually started contributing myself).

Former Member
0 Kudos

My personal favorite was this weblog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/10/bsphowto-generate-pdf-output-from-a-bsp OK some of you will think man what a loser he posted one of his own. <b>BUT</b> this is not the case at all. True I did write it but it was a colloborative effort from many:

Durairaj Athavan Raja

Ulli Hoffmann

Subramanian Venkateswaran

Eddy De Clercq

It was all of us together that made that weblog happen and it shows that good old holiday spirit of togetherness. It also shows that SDN really is a member community!!