cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert mails are sent regularly even if there are no errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an alert category for one of the scenarios and tested it with an error message.

Alert mail is successfully sent to the recipients mentioned with the message details(like Message ID etc).

In addition to the above, an alert mail is triggered every day at a specific time for the same scenario though we are not testing it.

There are no message details in the mails which are getting triggered regularly though there are no errors.

Please suggest.

Regards

B.Sarika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarika

have you defined the aletrt category on ALRTCATDEF?

What happens when you supress the alert in RWB, do you still get the alert?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sourabh,

Its defined in ALRTCATDEF.

When we supress the alert, next alert is not posted until the first one is completed.

I wish to get multiple aterts as we have many interfaces. So didn't try that.

Have composed alerts for 8 interfaces, all the rest are working fine except one.

Regards

B.Sarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarika

Please compare the container elements for this alert with the others whcih are behaving as expected.

If they are same then try modifying the Expiry time for this one with a low value

let me know if it helps

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

See if the same interface is using for mulitple target Inbound interfaces and u want to generate individual alerts based on country or some what....I understood from ur statement that

I wish to get multiple aterts as we have many interfaces. So didn't try that.

In that case u need to definete multiple ALERT RULES for the same ALERT CATEGORY because any Alert RULE If u Set in such a way that "KEEP SUPRESS" then automatically the untill the first alert is marked as COMPLETED manually 2nd alert wont be generate.

If u want continous alerting keeping on bugging untill the issue is resolved UNCHECK the KEEP SUPRESS.

HERE Your case is different U need Multiple alerts but not for same interface in that case u need to definete sperate ALERT RULES for each Inbound interface.

For example a MATMAS interface data can be seent to Multiple countries legacies.

Regards;-

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I tried to test 2 different messages by selecting "KEEP SUPRESS"

ONLY ONE alert mail is triggered for the first messge.(not repeated...)

But I need an alert for the second message also even if the first alert is not completed.

Please suggest if there is an option to handle.

Thanks