cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver Structure and Type for Stored Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have query regarding JDBC Receiver structure and type.

We have an IDoc to JDBC interface, where we have to insert values into Header and Item tables in DB.

There are multiple line items per header. A Stored Procedure hereto handle some validation checks required at the DB side.

Our DB guys gave us a stored procedure, where the item levels fields are defined like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE DB.item_type AS OBJECT (field1 VARCHAR2 (10), field2 VARCHAR2 (10),field3 varchar2(10))

/

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE DB.item_table AS TABLE OF item_type

/

So, in the Stored Procedure the item level values are accessed inside a loop as - item_table(i).field1, item_table(i).field2 and item_table(i).field3

In such case, what is the structure I have to create at target and what is the type I have to give in my mapping for these fields.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is bit tricky one so in one stored procedure cal calling Header and Multiple line items not possible.

Create different stored procedures and you can repeat Lineitem based on logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi

You dont have to create anything special here, go for the target stucture as per the Stored procedure fields provided.

As far as type is concerned you can use VARCHAR for all fields defined as VARCHAR2

Sourabh