Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javax.mail not working in PI7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently upgraded PI systems(DEV and Quality) to version7.3

After the upgrade in PI7.3, I do face two issues:

Issue 1). I checked one of the mapping where I've used java email alert. I activiated the MAP I got the error as below:

package javax.mail does not exist import javax.mail.*; ^

It was working fine in the pre-upgraded systems(PI7.0) and it working fine in PI7.0(Production). I've that javax mail package in my 'imported archive'. Also in the import section I've included javax.mail.* in the my user defined function where i've the Java email coding. I imported the latest java mail API 1.4.4 version even then I see the same error.

Additionaly information: I noticed that when we have the javax.mail.* and javax.mail.internet in the import section of any user defined function (UDF) then when I activate I'm seeing the below error. It clears tells that we are using the obsolete API in PI7.3.

Not sure why the old or the latest java mail API is not compatible with PI 7.3.

Note: As I said earlier the present java mail API is working fine withPI 7.0 Production system.

ERROR:

-

Java Area import, Line 8:

package javax.mail does not exist import javax.mail.*; ^

Java Area import, Line 9:

package javax.mail.internet does not exist import

javax.mail.internet.*; ^

Note: /usr/sap/SYSID/DVEBMGS02/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mape1891ee962d211e1892000000149d67a/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MY_MessageMapping_.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. 2 errors

-

Issue 2). In PI7.0, in the message mapping select any mapping field and if you do CTRL + SHIFT and Right click we'll get the menu where we can navigate the Tools->Export tools->Export and download the message mapping.

In PI7.3 this facility is not available. Can you please help how to download the message mapping in PI7.3.

Can you please help me in resolving these two issue?

Thanks,

Edited by: XISearch on Mar 1, 2012 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one part:

>>>Issue 2). In PI7.0, in the message mapping select any mapping field and if you do CTRL + SHIFT

CTRL + SHIFT + 0 (zero not "O") still works in 7.3 - try this

does it work ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal, Thanks for your reply. The combination(CTLSHIFT0) in PI7.0 and PI7.3 gives me a pop-up window as "Techincal Object Information". It has the export message mapping icon and it allows me to export with *.xim extension. But there is no import icon to download the message mapping. But in the CTLSHIFTRight click if you navigate the export item you can down the message mapping with extension .mte and also you can import that message mapping(.mte).

Regards,

Raj.