cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Release taking a long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transports are taking a lot of time as they are released into system.

I have checked the System for any performance related issue but everything seems fine.

Background processes are also free ,

Can you please suggest as why it is taking so much time just for release

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Abhishek: Hi Abhishek there seems to be no connection issue ,the child transports get released quickly in 5 sec or so but the parent transport is taking about 3000 sec

@Deepak: Hi Deepak ,I have runned the RDDIMPDP program and it is working fine ,Also the transports are released through a program Z_TRANS_RELEASE_NEXT,no issues in SLOG also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens if there are lot of open projects available in the system. As, when you release a parent TR it will check if the objects present in this Project ( that is assigned to this TR), are also present in any other project, hence it would take a longer time if it has to check many open Projects in your System. So, i suggest you to release it in the background. it will be picked by a background work process and then you can monitor the job for completion.

And also, you need to periodically check the open Projects in your system and try to close if that project is already complete.

Hope this information helps you.

Best Regards,

Amarendra Reddy.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Please check the log details from SLOG. Probably RDDIMPDP program might not be running as desired.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try pinging the Trans directory host.What is network time.

Also if its a cluster system make sure that trans directory is accessible from all the nodes.

Regards

Abhishek