cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Lock issues -- SM12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

From past 2 weeks our SAP system is facing the lock issues in Production system.

Everytime there is 3000 plus lock entries for few mins, users start getting the error messages like System lock error..

or lock table overflow..

1->We have cluster of 2 servers CI and APP2.

2->Current value in default profile is ..enque/table_size 100000 as in RZ10

3->current value in RZ11 is 4096

4->The values are totally different in above tcodes.

Can you please suggest if for point 2 the parameter must be set in APP2 server and not in default profile.

Also the lock issue will be solved with the parameter change value.

Awaiting your reply...

Thanks

Imaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 2 values showing as you have maintained the parameter in default * instance profile. Remeneber default profile maintained value will be applicable to al the application insatnces...and when you maintained the value in Instance profile separatly it wil always overwrites the profile value you maintained in default profile!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please app

ly the latest bundle patch of oracle.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 2 values showing as you have maintained the parameter in default * instance profile. Remeneber default profile maintained value will be applicable to al the application insatnces...and when you maintained the value in Instance profile separatly it wil always overwrites the profile value you maintained in default profile!.

Hi Team,

Thanks for your replies...

@Juan/Mahesh -

1->Let me clarify that we have maintained the parameter value enque/table_size in default profile only and not in any instance profile.

2->The 2 different values are seen in 2 tcodes RZ10(default prof) and RZ11.

3->I guess I need to create a parameter enque/table_size=100000 in instance profile(CI) and then restart the system.

Also clarify me one more thing..

4->If a dynamic parameter has value ABC in RZ11(which I changed recently) and in RZ10 it has old value EFG.After restart of the system, what will be the current value of the parameter ABC or EFG?

Regards

Imaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

First of all: Remove the parameter of DEFAULT.pfl. The enqueue only exists on CI and there is no need to set this parameter on the default profile.

1) Only maintain enque/table_size on instance profile of the CI. That's enough and will do the trick.

2) RZ10 will show your profiles as they are. RZ11 is able to read shared memory,default and instance profiles.

3) Correct, create the parameter on instance profile, remove it from your default profile and restart the instance. This will set the correct value to the enqueue.

4) If you set a parameter dynamically, it will change while the system runs. If you restart the system, the parameter change will be lost. Everytime that you change a parameter that is dynamic, it will only be valid as long as the system runs. If you want to make that change persistent, you should also perform this change on the instance profile.

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Thanks for all your valuable replies...

Regards

Imaan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regardless of if the issue will be solved by extending the parameter, the only way that you have a different value is because the parameter was set in both DEFAULT and instance profile, the value of the parameter in the instance profile must be lower and overrule the paraemeter in the DEFAULT profile. Check the parameters.

As per the enque/table_size the deault value in an ECC system is 32768 so 4096 is quite low (even its the minimun) so I will certainly update it.

Regards

Juan