cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC( SAP R/3) to XI to 3rd party Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have an 3rd party application to which we want to send some data from R/3. We are using XI as the middleware.The process has to be triggered from R/3 side. We are not using Idoc's here. We are planing to use the RFC through which the data transfer has to be done.

We are creating a BAPI with import, export and tables parameters.Basically the RFC is in SAP R/3 System.We need to send the data in the table to XI.

In this case how the RFC destination has to be created and how the RFC to be called in the R/3 system to export the Data to XI system.

Answers are highly appreciated.

Thanx and Regards,

Durga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

In this case you have to create RFC destination the 3 paramters are important: gateway parameters: host, service & program ID. Program ID has to be same one in RFC communication channel in XI (this is the link). If you are using this RFC as an asynchronous RFC (TRFC) then you have to use with statement.

call 'function'

destination 'abc'

in background task.

and you can monitor the TRFC by SM58 on both sides R/3 and XI.

Regards,

Faiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following the same process, here i am using the synchronous RFC. The problem is , i am unable to send the data which is in a table.

Regards,

Durga.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>In this case how the RFC destination has to be created</i>

Check this blog by Michal it shows you step by step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

<i>>>>how the RFC to be called in the R/3 system to export the Data to XI system.</i>

Hope you are aware of normal way of calling function

CALL Function "FM Name"
Export
Tables

in this case the RFC should be called as follows

CALL Function "FM Name" destination <SM59 Destination>
Export
Tables

The above is for Sync call and if you want to make a Async call that is you are not expecting any reponse from the target then

CALL Function "FM Name" IN BACKGROUND TASK destination <SM59 Destination>
Export
Tables

Thanks,

Prakash