cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue with parameter ms/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8100,TIMEOUT=20,PROCTIMEOUT=60 parameter in our BI system 7.02 sp 9.

Am i right in thinking that this parameter is only required if you wish to load balance the HTTP traffic through the message server. Hence if don'ty require load balancing i can omit this from the instance profile with no detremental effect to the rest of the system.

This problem relates to a previous post with regards access to webservices using port 8000 which are failing with this parameter in and working without this parameter..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hello Mark,

If you do HTTP load balancing by using SAP Webdispatcher, this port is used for the SAP Webdispatcher to get the information from the system (configuration)

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Mercedes,

Does this mean that if we access the WEBAS ABAP server directly via a webservice i.e. port 8000 - believe that it's set by parameter icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000

that we don't require the ms/server_port_0 parameter

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

if you access in that way you don't require that parameter but you can't do load balancing for HTTP requests.

kind regards,

Mercedes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mercedes, It's confirmed what i was thinking.

Cheers

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

the HTTP/HTTPS port is also used by ICF

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/be/6041418e998739e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

you can use this port to monitor the Message server with an external toll.

you do find the available functions to monitor:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/EN/40/c235c15ab7468bb31599cc759179ef/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, very useful links.

Mark