cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender FCC with multiple level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently developing a File to Idoc interface where i am using FCC at the sender.

The structure that is being is used has multiple levels. The structure is,

MessageType
        Item
             Name
             EmpNo
             DOB
             Segment  ( 0..unbounded )
                    Salary
I have configured the following details in the channel,

Recordset Structure ==> Item,1,Segment*
Recordset Sequence ==> Ascending
Recordset per Message ==> *
Key Field Name ==> 

Item.fieldSeparator ==> |
Item.endSeparator ==> nl
Item.fieldNames ==> Name,EmpNo,DOB
Segment.fieldSeparator ==> |
Segment.endSeparator ==> nl
Segment.fieldNames ==> Salary,Location
ignoreRecordsetName ==> true

After running the interface with the following configuration, i am getting the following error throwed up in the File channel.

"Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Mandatory parameter 'Item.keyFieldValue': no value found"

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Aslam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aslam,

According to SAP Help:

If you have entered a variable number of substructures under Recordset Structure, that is, you have entered the value * for at least one structure, specify a Key Field Name.

The parser identifies the substructures by their content. This happens using the key field with different constants for the substructures. In this case, you must specify a key field, and the field name must occur in all substructures.

Then, for each structure you have (Item and Segment), you need to specify the value of the key field that identifies this particular structure. PI wouldn't be able to differentiate between the Item and Segment structures without that.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply !

Where do i add this Key field ?

Kindly help me on this.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aslam,

The Key Field Name is one of the FCC parameters, while Key Field Value you have to add for each structure, like this:

Item.keyFieldValue ==> A

Segment.keyFieldValue ==> B

In general, the key field is some field that you use in the source file content to distinct between Item and Segment.

Please refer here for further details if required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Greg