cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message types missing in XI Content for SAP TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm a PI developer and have recently a project for TM and ERP. According to SAP documentation, SAP has already delivered XI Content for TM (SAP TM IC 1.0). It is not easy to find this XI Content for a PI developer with 6 yearsu2019 experience. I imported this XI Content into PI ESR and tried to open a mapping program in this SWCV. But all of these great mapping programs told me that some message types could not be found. E.g. After opening the mapping program u201CSHIPPLTPSSHT01_to_TransportationOrderSCMCancellationRequestu201D under namespace http://sap.com/xi/TMS/Global/IC, the ESR shows a warning dialog box and says: Target message Message Type: TransportationOrderSCMCancellationRequest does not exist in software component version.

I suppose these message types must be defined in another XI Content package from SAP. So I downloaded all the XI Content SAP APPL 6.5 and imported them. But it didnu2019t help.

So the question/problem is where are these messages defined? In SCM?

Best regards

Xiang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

You're missing some TM XI Content, in this case it's SAP TM 1.01.

I would advise the following for future reference...Always start your investigation in the SAP ES Workplace (link below) to identify the correct XI Content needed for your scenarios, in this case it's TM.

[ES Workplace|http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?sap-unique=151110&sap-params=aWQ9RjZDRkMwRUEzRUYxNEJDOTg0MUM1MjgyNzJFRTg1ODMmcGFja2FnZWlkPURFMDQyNkREOUIwMjQ5RjE5NTE1MDAxQTY0RDNGNDYyJm1vZGU9]

Even if you don't know which SAP Module is relevant, there's a search block (top right corner) of the ES Workplace page. Just type in "TransportationOrderSCMCancellationRequest" (without the exclamation marks) & go.

You'll get 1 result found "Cancel Transportation Order" and you'll already start seeing the relevant SWCV details. When you click on the "Cancel Transportation Order" link you'll start to see additional details (especially important is the "Latest Software Component" & "First Shipped with" SWCV). That's your clue.

Then go to SAP Service Marketplace & download the XI Content that's relevant for the SAP TM version you're running in your landscape (i.e. SAP TM 1.0 or SAP TM 1.01). the SAP TM IC 1.0 content would normally only contain mostly Process Integration Scenario type stuff & a few Service Interaces.

Another clue, if you double click the SAP TM IC 1.0 SWCV & check the "Details" tab --> "Underlysing Software Component Version", you'll notice the SWCV dependency & what XI Content you're missing.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer.

I've tried to download the SAPTM 1.01 exactly according to your description. The problem is I can't find it in the download area of SAP support.

1. Go through the path "Software Downloads -- > SAP Software Download Center ---> Support Packages and Patches --> Browser our Download Catalog ---> SAP Content ---> ESR Content (XI Content)"

The SAPTM 1.01 can not be found in the list.

XI CONTENT ESA ECC-SE

XI CONTENT ESM BS FOUND

XI CONTENT ESM ERP

XI CONTENT ESM GTS

XI CONTENT ESM INTEGRATION

XI CONTENT ESM SRM

XI CONTENT BBPCRM

XI CONTENT BI CONT

XI CONTENT CCM

XI CONTENT CIDX

XI CONTENT CNT-LOC

XI CONTENT CPRXRPM

XI CONTENT DEMAND MGMT

XI CONTENT EA-APPL

XI CONTENT EA-DFPS

XI CONTENT EA-PS

XI CONTENT E-FILING GB

XI CONTENT E-FILING NL

XI CONTENT EA-FINSERV

XI CONTENT EA-GLTRADE

XI CONTENT EA-RETAIL

XI CONTENT EA-HR

XI CONTENT ECC-DIMP

XI CONTENT ELSTER

XI CONTENT IS-OIL

XI CONTENT ESC SRM JAVA SERVER

XI CONTENT FI-CA

XI CONTENT FINBASIS

XI CONTENT GS1

XI CONTENT HR

XI CONTENT HR-XML

XI CONTENT INSURANCE

XI CONTENT IS-H

XI CONTENT IS-H_IC

XI CONTENT IS-M

XI CONTENT IS-OIL

XI CONTENT IS-PS-CA

XI CONTENT IS-UT

XI CONTENT NW DEMO

XI CONTENT OAGIS

XI CONTENT IS-OIL

XI CONTENT OIL PRA INTERFACES

XI CONTENT PI

XI CONTENT PI_BASIS

XI CONTENT PIDX

XI CONTENT PROMERLAYINTEG

XI CONTENT QIE

XI CONTENT ROSETTANET

XI CONTENT SAP_ABA

XI CONTENT SAP_APPL

XI CONTENT SAP_BASIS

XI CONTENT SAP_BS_FOUNDATION

XI CONTENT SEM-BW

XI CONTENT SLL-LEG

XI CONTENT SRM

XI CONTENT SRM_EXT_FUNC

XI CONTENT SRM_EXT_FUNC IC

XI CONTENT SRM SERVER IC

XI CONTENT SRM-MDM CATALOG

XI CONTENT SRM SERVER

XI CONTENT STAR

XI CONTENT STORE CONNECTIVITY

XI CONTENT UN/CEFACT

2. Go to "Search for Support Packages and Patches" and enter "SAPTM" . The SAP search engine showed me following:

The XI Content cannot be found in any of these installation packages.

Search Results

000001 ESM SAPTM

Maintenance Software Component

000002 ESM SAPTM 1.0

Maintenance Software Component

000003 SAPK-10001INESMSAPTM ESMSAPTM 100: SP 0001

Support Package

000004 SAPK-100AGINESMSAPTM ESMSAPTM 100: Add-On Installation

Support Package

3. Go to PI ESR "Details" tab --> "Underlysing Software Component Version", nothing is there.

regards

Xiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

Then I think there might be an issue with the user you're using to login to SAP Service Market place & the access/authorizations associated with it. I think the S_User access control (the view you get) depends on what SAP Solutions are installed at the customer site for that customer assigned S-User. The view I'm getting reflects a much more comprehensive list and in particluar the 2 below:

XI CONTENT SAPTM

XI CONTENT SAP TM IC

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I also thought about the access control. It should be the reason.

I will contact our SAP Admin and let you know when I get any infos.

Thanks a lot again. Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Xiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevo,

I've found the correct XI content with another user. The problem was the access control.

Thanks a lot.

best regards

Xiang

0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

We are working on ECC to TM standard interface. I downloaded SWCV

SAP TM 1.0 Patch 08 and SAP TM IC 1.0 Patch 08  but i am not able to see source structure in MM and Idoc for the components. My question is what is the exact component we have to download and is there any pre-configuration we have to do before importing the coponent? We are stuck in the middle of the configuration , help will be more appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue of downloading OAGIS patches. Can you please tell me how to get this access or can you send some document for same.

thanks & regards,

Akshay Ruia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I would advise you to check any notes for missing message types. Also ensure that you have downloaded and applied all the relevant business packages.