Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order via PS

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement to link production orders with PS for some ETO items so that PS reporting and RA functionalities could be used.

As I understand, we can either attach a WBS Element to the Production Order directly or else, via Network Activity Reservation-route.

Since client wants to get a WIP through RA, may I request your help to understand, which is the best way to integrate PS-PP.

Should I just attach a WBS Element to the Prodn Order or is it better to go via Network route ?

If I go via network route, I believe I need to attach the final Finished Good to the NWA and then from there on PP will take over.How in this case, the costs will flow to the project and do I still need to attach corresponding WBS element to the PP order ? Should I attach any WC to a NWA too ?

Thanks in anticipation.

jungleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much AP.It helped but I am looking for a more practical and summarized answer.

Looking forward to other replies.Thanks.

jungleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease use the path via network reservation. This is more automatic(as MRP takes care for generation of planned order and dependent requirements). In costing term, it will give you option to either append or see seperately the cost of production order.

We have been using this way and so far it is working well,

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra for your reply.

If I go via network route, I believe I need to attach the final Finished Good to the NWA and then from there on PP will take over.How in this case, the costs will flow to the project and do I still need to attach corresponding WBS element to the PP order ? Should I attach any WC to a NWA too ?

Should I attach PP order to a PS subnetwork too ? Any use of CN33 ?

jungleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to assign any work center to network activity. Only link the FG to network activity. when you recieve FG in stock after production order processing, you can issue the same to network or deliver the goods to customer through project delivery.

The cost incurred in production order will be shown under account assigned WBS. While FG recived in stock will appear in negative value, once you again issue/deliver FG it will become zero.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra for your reply.

Do I need to run CN33 anytime ? How will the settlement cycle and RA work in such cases.

Thanks once again.

jungleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to do CN33. RA and settlement will work as usual as cost incurred on Production order is also collected at WBS element. So RA will be running for WBS cost and settlement will arrive.

However if you also wish to calculate WIP valuation seperately for production order, please check with CO how it can be achieved.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra for your quick reply.

Answers (0)