cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI message archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have successfully configured PI message archiving (at integration engine level) in development system. On the first day, system archived and deleted about 670 MB of data from different tables. However I was not able to see the size reduce of table PSAPSR3 after archiving and deletion, via tcode DB02.

Is there any step that I am missing or any other activity that is needed after the archiving setup so that I can see the actual table space? Is the database revoke activity of any use here?

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

I guess you need to establish which tables are growing the most. Your DBA should be able to tell you this.

Note #872388 Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI, contains tips and tricks on troubleshooting the deletion process in PI. There are other tables apart from the SXMSPMAST, SXMSCLUR, SXMSCLUP tables which may be affected. The note documents some of these and how to manage them e.g. Performance tables, Workflow tables etc.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply !

The following table entries are archived and deleted from SAP standard tables - SXMSPMAST, SXMSCLUR, SXMSCLUP. Where are these tables if not in the database?

If not archiving. what is the solution for reducing database size? By reorganizing database, we may assigns free space from one place to other, but what is the solution for the continuous growing PI database, apart from adding extra space to the database?

Regards,

Nikhil

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

consult this thread

I just closed it.

Hope it helps your cause

Regards

Anupam

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Archiving/Deletion of the messages does not free up the DB space. You need to do a DB reorg to release the space freed up by the Archive/Delete jobs. See note #541538 FAQ: Reorganization (Oracle DB specific). If you have some other DB, contact your DBA who should be able to assist with this task.

Regards

Mark