cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow Notification: Email (Errors)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following system landscape: MDM Server is installed on one UNIX system, MDM Components are installed on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 – Terminal server and Database server is installed on a different Unix system. All the systems are in the same domain.

With the above landscape and MDM 5.5 SP03, we are not able to get the email notification to work. Have performed the following steps:

1) Added notification step to the workflow between processes.

2) Verified the email addresses of the workflow owner and the reciever of the notification.

3) Verified that the mds.ini has the "MailServer=" setup to the right smtp.

4) Unix box on which the MDM server is installed is also verified to send emails out.

But, still the notification emails are not sent out. We also checked the smtp server logs and there are no pending requests sent out. The repository's reports give the following error messages:

Error: Workflow Initialization. Could not retrieve mail server information.

Workflow initialized.

Error: Could not send e-mail [10001 : Test Notification : Notify].

Error: Could not send e-mail [10002 : Test Notification : Notify].

Can someone explain me, how the MDM server sends an email notification to the smtp server/service running on the server? Or else explain me the process to track the above error for a resolution?

Thanks for your time,

-Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

After reading your post with a great clarity, I do not see any issue with any of your configuration. Usually, "Could not retrieve mail server information" comes only when the mail server is not set up appropriately. So, the only thing that I can say is to check the Mail server name again for your repository.

Another piece of info is, MDM uses Port 25 for sending emails. Please check whether sending emails using this port is allowed in your network or not.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani,

The port settings have been checked as part of the MDM Server connection test. Still no luck.

Also, I am not able to connect from CLIX to the MDM Server (Which is an UNIX system). CLIX again is installed on the Windows server, but still am not able to see the MDM Server (both the servers are within the same domain.

You can call me @ 618 406 4689, if you feel that I am not giving you complete information.

Thanks for your time,

-Rajani Kanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workflow logs can be checked in the reports tab as well as Data Manager - workflow tab, select the completed workflow and go to History.