cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical sample calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I got a problem abount sample calculation. I have completed the following steps,

1. Create Sample-drawing procedure with fix sample = 7

2. Create Sampling procedure with fix sample = 3

3. Assign sample drawing procedure and inspection point 200 to inspection plan header

4. Assign sampling procedure along with MIC to inspection plan

When the inspection lot is created, it only have 1 physical sample instead of 7. However, if the fix sample of Sampling procedure is updated to 1. 7 physical samples will be created in inspection lot. Could I know the calculation method of system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain 1 in the Sampling Procedure. In the Physical Sampling Procedure; maintain7. Then, you'll get 7 sample units. Here, the logic seems to be: Number of sampling units that comprise a Sample. So, your Physical sample = 7, Sampling procedure=1.

Remember: in Physical Sample Drawing Procedure (QPV1) there is Size Factor which is maintained at 1 by default. That could be the reason. I am quoting from the Performance Assistant in t-code: QPV1, for Size factor:

+The system uses this integral factor to calculate the sample size for a primary sample. In doing so, it multiplies the inspection scope (in sample units of measure of the physical sample) by this factor.

Example

The inspection scope is 50 ml. If you specify a factor of 3, the system calculates a total physical-sample size of 150 ml.+

Regards, KrishnaM

Edited by: Krishna. Madduri on Feb 28, 2012 2:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The factor = 1. I just don't understand why the sampling procedure is increased to 3 then physical sample is reduced to 1 instead of 7....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You marked this as answered. But your last posting indicates you didn't get an answer yet.

Did you resolve this on your own?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I haven't got an anwser yet, I just marked it as anwser by mistake.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then give us some more data. What UOM are you using in the inspection plan? What UOM are u using in the MIC? What container type did you receive in? How many containers were received? Did you use partial samples?

The sampling process is pretty stable in SAP so it would be unlikely you are seeing a bug. It's more likely that there is something funny with your master data set up.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem has been solved, I input a wrong sample UOM in inspection plan. Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell which physical samples are created.Primary ,Pooled or reserve. ?

and

Howmany Operations & respective MIC's are there ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use Primary sample, Just 1 operation and 1 MIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually sampling procedure do not play any role in calculation of physical sample.Its sample drawing procedure plays role depending upon the sample mentioned in the SDP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But why does the physical sample change when sampling procedure updated?